PDA

View Full Version : New Car questions

rjones4029
10-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi folks,
I'm a new member and just purchased a new Black 2009 Acura TL. I'd like some advice on next steps to make sure I keep the black paint in as good of shape as posible. Since the car is new do you reccomend anything other than washing and applying a good sealant? I bought some of the Wolfgang 3.0 and the P21S for starters. One other fact I should mention. The dealership was adding Simonizing of the vehicle at a special rate this month. I normally don't buy add ons but they offered to Simonize the car and guarantee it against spills on the interior and water spots, acid rain etc. on the outside for 7 years. Seemd like cheap insurance to me. My question is does this affect how I should care for the car initially as fas as the application of a sealant or wax. Great site. Thanks for the help.
RJones

loudog2
10-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Cancel it and get your money back before they do it. I would get a polisher, pads, polishes, microfiber towels and wax/sealant. You can buy all that for cheaper, and keep your car looking great for years.

Bunky
10-16-2009, 06:43 PM
If I recall Simoniz only claims you cannot wet sand paint, etc to maintain warranty. If you live near the beach or other environmentally challenging areas it may be a benefit later.

However. it is a paint warranty like clear coat failure due to various issues. It is not a guarantee on showroom appearance which is something else.

ScottB
10-17-2009, 06:58 AM
most dealer sealants are no different than those you can apply yourself, you just pay a heavy price for what initially sounds like a great warranty. Unfortunately they have alot of ways to get out. If you cannot cancel it, then keep the paint up as you would have anyhoo and use the waxes and sealants of your choice at least twice a year for best results.