PDA

View Full Version : Twin-Turbo Lamborghini LP560 + Twin Turbo Ford GT by autoLavish

Pages : 1 [2]

RaskyR1
10-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Some very nice rides indeed! :props:

jlb85
10-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the comments!

I guess first off I should answer the shampoo question. In this case looking at the color of the stuff in the foam cannon, we used C. G. Maxi Suds 2 at probably 4:1 We really like this stuff, not as strong as the C. G. Citrus Wash and Clear, good for routine washes and ones that will not be followed up by clay/waxing. Having said that, we have not used many shampoos to be able to compare it to. The C. G. stuff was cheap and available in gallon sizes, and we were trying out some other stuff as well (like their Sticky Gel wheel cleaner - comparing to P21S Gel - will have more details in a future writeup!).

The detail took about 6 hours total for both cars. Remember the Lambo was just a good wash.

Meghan, thanks for commenting! The white Lambo glows thanks to the Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical. If anyone has not tried this stuff, I recommend you do. IMO tops Z8 as a final wipe in gloss. We did our silver truck with Red Mist Tropical (no wax or sealants under it - long story), and we got more compliments on it than when it was waxed with Collinite! And it lasted a good few weeks and a wash! I just ordered another bottle of RMT from Autogeek in our last order.

The DWG by itself doesn't work as well. Try toping with something. We used it here to take advantage of its filling properties. But it worked GREAT to take out some hard water spots on the painted blue stripes on the GT. We used a blue pad on the PC. Once I saw what it was doing, I cranked it up to speed 6 and let her rip, cleared up all the water spots very quickly and easily. Go figure!

The cars were both tuned by Hefner! No engine pics since we ran out of time for the budget the client wanted to spend :(

But the idea was to get them presentable for a big rally or something, which is why we did no (true) correction. But we are poised to do a full detail on the GT soon after the rally/driving/track season is over. But the Lambo resides in Florida :(

Thanks again!

sullysdetailing
10-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the comments!

I guess first off I should answer the shampoo question. In this case looking at the color of the stuff in the foam cannon, we used C. G. Maxi Suds 2 at probably 4:1 We really like this stuff, not as strong as the C. G. Citrus Wash and Clear, good for routine washes and ones that will not be followed up by clay/waxing. Having said that, we have not used many shampoos to be able to compare it to. The C. G. stuff was cheap and available in gallon sizes, and we were trying out some other stuff as well (like their Sticky Gel wheel cleaner - comparing to P21S Gel - will have more details in a future writeup!).

The detail took about 6 hours total for both cars. Remember the Lambo was just a good wash.

Meghan, thanks for commenting! The white Lambo glows thanks to the Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical. If anyone has not tried this stuff, I recommend you do. IMO tops Z8 as a final wipe in gloss. We did our silver truck with Red Mist Tropical (no wax or sealants under it - long story), and we got more compliments on it than when it was waxed with Collinite! And it lasted a good few weeks and a wash! I just ordered another bottle of RMT from Autogeek in our last order.

The DWG by itself doesn't work as well. Try toping with something. We used it here to take advantage of its filling properties. But it worked GREAT to take out some hard water spots on the painted blue stripes on the GT. We used a blue pad on the PC. Once I saw what it was doing, I cranked it up to speed 6 and let her rip, cleared up all the water spots very quickly and easily. Go figure!

The cars were both tuned by Hefner! No engine pics since we ran out of time for the budget the client wanted to spend :(

But the idea was to get them presentable for a big rally or something, which is why we did no (true) correction. But we are poised to do a full detail on the GT soon after the rally/driving/track season is over. But the Lambo resides in Florida :(

Thanks again!

Send the lambo my way. I would love to work on it.

Mirror Detailing
10-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Many folks may not realize that the car is a homage/throwback to the 60s era GT40

edit: Fantastic looking results!

If someone did not know this...they should not even be around a GT! Im the MAN

gmwb5
10-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Nice job guys. Now how about doing my cars next?

happpyboy
10-22-2009, 06:57 AM
Complete turnaround on the GT. Thanks for getting a great part of Ford "history" back into presentable condition.

jlb85
10-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Nice job guys. Now how about doing my cars next?

Sure thing! PM or email us to set something up.

jlb85
10-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Complete turnaround on the GT. Thanks for getting a great part of Ford "history" back into presentable condition.

Thanks! LOL. I can't say it was "dirty" in a dab way because it was getting thrashed at the track, like it should. So I guess I'll call it a necessary evil ;) Talking abut history, while working on this car we were able to meet Camilo Pardo, the designer of the GT, who stopped by as we were finishing up!