PDA

View Full Version : Megs Hyper Wash

astrogus
10-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Anyone tried Megs hyper wash in their foam cannon? I am going to buy a foam cannon and just seeing the best advice as far as think suds for shampoos. Im guessing theres prob nothing better than the DP xtreme foam because its pretty much made for foam cannons...Any advice is appreciated thanks all
Feed back please

Dibbuz
10-14-2009, 01:19 AM
I always foam with Hyperwash, works great.
Dosage I use: 50ml on 500ml warm water in the bottle.

Matt
10-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Ok, on the Autogeek product description page, they say it is for professional use so be sure to dilute it properly to ensure the safest, most effective wash for your vehicle.

Does this mean that if you use too strong a dilution that it will strip the LSP?

It looks like a good product to use in the foam gun if you're not going to use DP Xtream foam, but, if it can potentially strip your lsp, I'm not sure how effective it would now be as a presoak for your routine wash.

Can Mike or anyone else comment on this as I would love to know?

Thanks,
Matt.

Dibbuz
10-14-2009, 03:14 AM
My beading stays very nice after a few foam sessions so for me the 50ml works perfectlyfor me, my gun is on the lowest amount though.

Any shampoo too strong dilluted is bad for your LSP.

Mike Phillips
10-14-2009, 07:48 AM
All Meguiar's car washes are non-detergent, so it's not like using dish washing detergent.

Hyper-Wash is a concentrated car wash soap for use at commercial car washes so one should expect the cleaning ability to be on par with the competition for products that cater to that segment of the market otherwise how could it compete?

Who takes their car to a car wash?
How dirty are cars taken to car washes?

My guess is it will have more cleaning ability than a product like Gold Class but not offer the slickness and conditioning agents a product like Gold Class offers. Still a great car wash for the category.

For years now I've been adding to conversations like this that when it comes to how well a coating of wax or paint sealant will hold up to washing it's not just the car wash soap, it's also anything that touches the paint including a strong blast of water from a pressure washer to your choice of wash mitt material and even the material you remove the water with, these are all variables that have contact with the coating and thus have the potential to have an effect on the coating.

Because online enthusiasts tend to be a more on the extreme AR side of any detailing conversation, sometimes, (actually almost all of the time), I'll adjust my writing to that mindset and post something like this,

From an extreme AR perspective,

If washing your car with ANY car wash solution and a fuzzy wash mitt, (pick the mitt of your choice), isn't adding wax or paint sealant... what's the opposite of adding?

Or, from this extreme AR perspective,

Say if you used the best car wash solution on earth and the known best, softest, least aggressive wash mitt on earth and the best skill and ability to gently move the mitt over the paint only enough to loosen any surface dirt so that it can be rinsed off,

If doing the above did NOT remove any wax or paint sealant at all, then theoretically you would have the same measure of protection on the paint then when you started.

Correct?

Now if you were to not add any more wax or paint sealant, would you lose any of the previously applied wax or paint sealant if you were to repeatedly wash the car for say... 100 times? What about 1000 times? What about 10,000 times?

The point is nothing lasts forever and wax and paint sealants are meant to be Sacrificial Barrier Coatings that are meant to wear off. They are meant to sacrifice themselves so that your paint doesn't have to; That is they are supposed to give themselves up so your paint doesn't give itself up.

And the good news is that you and I can quickly and easily replace this sacrificial barrier coating by simply re-applying a coating of wax or paint sealant.

Most of us cannot quickly and easily add a new coat of paint to the car.

Does the above make sense?

:)