PDA

View Full Version : Lost??

08krewkab
10-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I am completly lost with all these great products. I want to wax my cars but dont know where to start. I have a black car (2008 F150) and a red car (Civic). I am going to wash then clay them both...but my ? is which wax/polish/sealant do I use.... do I use all of them or just one? will the same wax/polish/sealant work for both colors? should I get different onces for each color? Thanks... Oh and I will be doing this by hand....no machine

DLB
10-13-2009, 03:02 PM
It largely depends on 2 things:
1) How much correction work needs to be done?
2) How much are you wanting to spend?

If you need no correction (swirl and scratch removal), then you are just looking at a sealer or wax. The recommendation list goes on forever. Chosen correctly, the same one will bring out the color just fine on the red and the black.

If you need some correction, I suggest you check out this thread:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/20257-man-versus-machine.html

DLB

Dibbuz
10-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I would go for Wolfgang products, clay, Finishing Glaze then Deep Gloss Paint sealant or Fuzion.

08krewkab
10-13-2009, 03:08 PM
how about the P21S 100% wax.... there isnt much correction needed not too many swirl marks...

Dibbuz
10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Then any good wax will be good. Of the P21S sounds good to you then go for it. It's an excellent wax.

Peanut
10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Autogeek offers so many great detailing products it can be a little difficult selecting products. The same products can be used on the Black and the Red vehicles. I like to use the Pinnacle, Wolfgang and DP products. I have had excellent results using these products. Since you want to use the products by hand I would recommend using these items.

Wash - DP Auto Bath Shampoo
Clay - DP Universal Clay Lubricant & Detailing Clay
Pre Clean - Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer
Seal - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Wax - Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Wax or Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

I hope this helps. Good luck.

08krewkab
10-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks

Mike Phillips
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
3 basic rules to follow when working on any car,

Evaluate the surface.
Choose the right product to get the job done.
Use good technique.

This shows one way to work by hand,

Man versus Machine (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/faq/20257-man-versus-machine.html)

This shows what you can do with 1 step versus multiple steps, it goes off-track on the topic of stripping paint but ends just fine.

1-Step versus 3-Step Process by Hand (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/20573-1-step-vs-3-step-process-hand.html)

Are these cars parked outside during any part of each day? If so, when is the last time you clayed them?

:)

08krewkab
10-14-2009, 07:12 AM
both are parked in the garage at home and in the garage at work..... they have never been clayed and that is on my list right before I wax them

ScottB
10-14-2009, 06:33 PM
I would look to the kit sale this week ... several kits offer alot of what you need and work together. Pinnacles Sizzling Shine is my favorite and always offers the best. Just add some soap and clay bar !