PDA

View Full Version : Spitzshine Detailing website is up

Spitz_Shine
10-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Hey Forum....

Even though I am still in Iraq I am making preperations for my return in 3 months. My website is now up and running.

www.spitzshinedetailing.com - Home (http://www.spitzshinedetailing.com)

e-mail: robspitzer@spitzshinedetailing.com

Stop by and check it out if you get a chance. Look forward to talking with you all. Thanks to A.G.O. for lots of great advice and ideas.

Rob Spitzer

Mike Phillips
10-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Hi Rob,

Checked out your website, nice, clean easy to navigate layout.

I'm no expert at designing websites but if you get someone to your website you only have seconds to get their attention, their interest and hopefully their business.

People think like this,

"What's in it for me?"

So maybe think of a small change you can make to your homepage that clearly shows a potential customer what's i it for them.

Maybe a few before and after pictures of some cars you've detailed? Something DRAMATIC that will grab their attention.

Dirty interior to immaculate clean interior.
Swirled out car to show car finish.

If you don't have pictures of something dramatic then when you get back to the States start looking for something that would make a great before and after detail and be sure to really get some good before pictures.

People are scanners, the look at pictures and read headlines. If the picture is interesting and the headline gets their attention then they'll dig deeper and continue reading your copy and that's where you let them know everything about their life, (their car), will be better if they call you first, not the other guy.

There's a lot of competition for people's online time so once you get them to your website you want your website to start selling --> you <--

Just an idea...

:xyxthumbs:

Spitz_Shine
10-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks Mike, glad to know I am thinking along the right lines, you read my mind, unfortunately I gotta wait til I get back to really spruce it up. Thanks for taking a look, love this forum, Stay in touch.

SSG Rob Spitzer

DLB
10-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Mike made some great points.

One thing I will add (having built a few websites), is that templates are great for a start-up on a website. They are very clean, and offer a simple solution to a huge "problem" (no website).

However, purchased templates will almost always look better than a free one. If you pick the right purchased template for your website, and use the correct pages and pictures, it will look very unique.

If you purchased the layout you are using, you may just want tweak it a little to make it more "your own". The pictures seem kind of lost in space on the homepage, which makes it look choppy. When you find a way (like Mike said) to draw people in, you are golden.

Don't mean to sound overly critical...I've just spent a lot of time trying to get this stuff down myself, so sharing what I know (or think).

And thank you for serving our country!

DLB

Meghan
10-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Rob in March are you done with the Military or just stationed in the states then?

Spitz_Shine
10-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Dalton- Thanks for the advice, this being my first website I understand that things get better with time. Dually noted and I appreciated your C.C....

Meghan, I am currently finishing up my 4th tour in Iraq, and I have been in 13 years and will complete 20. When I am done I will be in the states a minimum of 18 months and then who knows. I defniteley plan to attend some seminars and so forth, really want to get to know people on this forum. Detailing is my passion, defending my country is my job!!

Meghan
10-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Dalton- Thanks for the advice, this being my first website I understand that things get better with time. Dually noted and I appreciated your C.C....

Meghan, I am currently finishing up my 4th tour in Iraq, and I have been in 13 years and will complete 20. When I am done I will be in the states a minimum of 18 months and then who knows. I defniteley plan to attend some seminars and so forth, really want to get to know people on this forum. Detailing is my passion, defending my country is my job!!

Well thank you for your service, let us know whatever we can do to help you out. I am sure you are looking forward to at least 18 months of being in the states! :xyxthumbs:

DLB
10-13-2009, 10:03 AM

Glad you didn't take it wrong. :xyxthumbs:

I am sure you will enjoy getting to relax on the forum when you aren't busy cleaning cars soon.

DLB

Spitz_Shine
10-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Very much looking forward to getting home, thanks.

ballfan4141
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
the prices seem really good to me. simplicity is always great when you got a website. whether some parts of your site has it or not, im not the judge but they could tell you better.

Spitz_Shine
10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
It was tough deciding my pricing on my packages, had to do a lot of mystery shopping around my area and bounce that off what I was paying for supplies....