PDA

View Full Version : 845 iw??

99tl
10-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I don't usually ask questions since I can usually find it by searching. I have a questions regarding Collinite 845. Since it has the consistency of milk is it possible to put it in a spray bottle? This way I can control the amount of product. For some reason I make a big mess trying to pour it on my applicator. It's like eating a steak and cheese. The juice just runs down my arm. I also need to wax my 10x12 shed and the roof is high with odd angles. This way I can just spray and spread.

Also my car has 2 layers of Natty's red. Can I just apply 845 over it or does it need to be stripped? I'm thinking of maybe using meg's cleaner wax or xmt 360 first then applying 845. If I do this do either of these products need to be cured? Can I just apply 845 right after?

Thanks

agpatel
10-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I dont think it will be a good spray able wax as it turns to gel when you not using it. Only gets nice liquid when you shake the crap out of it. Put a different cap on it, Megs mirror glaze caps fit perfectly, or any wax/polish cap will work on that bottle as it is pretty standard. (28/410, if I rmr correctly)

As 845 is a durable wax I would use it as the base. To strip it just use a pre-wax cleaner, IPA, citrus wash, or paint prep type product. I would not use cleaner wax or 360 as they lay down protection which is less durable than 845 and that would compromise the 845 film layer.

99tl
10-12-2009, 11:32 AM
That's what I thought. OK thanks