PDA

View Full Version : M26 or ? for delicate cc

Jossy92
10-12-2009, 07:12 AM
I want to top Megs NXT. I can't afford "expensive".

"...M26 is a blended wax, not a wax based off of Carnauba.....

It leaves a very clear finish and we would put it up against any other wax on the market, including the very expensive boutique waxes ....on the same panel of a black car to test and compare for richness of color, clarity and reflectivity or in other words, DI, Distinction of Image...."

For a nice looking 88 Civic with original "delicate" paint, is this a good choice? And for non-meg users, what is an alternative choice?

I am a Megs fan, but, respect the other products and the fact that others might have similar questions. I think we tend use what make us happy.

I hope the quote is OK. If not, I apologize and please delete.

Mike Phillips
10-12-2009, 08:02 AM
I want to top Megs NXT. I can't afford "expensive".

For a nice looking 88 Civic with original "delicate" paint, is this a good choice? And for non-meg users, what is an alternative choice?

M26 is popular for topping NXT, so go for it.

What color is the paint on the Civic?

23, almost 24 years old that's pretty old. Normally a 25 years old car is considered by most as antique, so you car is almost reached antique status.

:)

Jossy92
10-12-2009, 09:01 AM
What color is the paint on the Civic?

It is a non-metalic blue-grey and just a little darker than this guy: :dblthumb2:

you car is almost reached antique status.

I was lucky and hadn't caused too much damage before discovering detailing. I like Megs and have learned on that system and get a lot of complements. The scratches stand out more, (as would be expected) but show how hard I am trying.

(I still have my camera in the box, but, rising guilt levels should soon remedy that.)

I hope I get more replies from experts using other Autgeek products. I sure appreciate this forum.

Mike Phillips
10-12-2009, 09:11 AM
It is a non-metalic blue-grey and just a little darker than this guy: :dblthumb2:

Before topping the entire car, top just a small section and then inspect the difference between the topped section and the NXT section.

Make sure you're getting the results you want before going over the entire car.

If you top the entire car at one time you'll never know if your topper improved the finish, left it the same or even reduced the finish-quality a tick or two.

Emile
10-12-2009, 10:24 AM
NXT is an awesome wax all by itself.

If you want to continue with the NXT's dark shine, I would suggest Poorboy's Natty's Blue Paste Wax. Or the Surf City Garage Barrier Reef Carnauba Wax which is currently on the BOGO page....that's only $20 for 32oz of wax, pretty darn good deal if you ask me.

If I didn't already have so many tubs of Natty's Red, I would have purchased that already.

Jossy92
10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
If you want to continue with the NXT's dark shine, I would suggest Poorboy's Natty's Blue Paste Wax. Or the Surf City Garage Barrier Reef Carnauba Wax.

Just curious, (as I only know about Megs), do the Natty's and Barrier Reef have cleaners? I use M26 because I know it won't remove the NXT.

Also, for non-Megs newbs, do you have a recommendation for something comparable to the NXT/M26 combo in another AG product line? Sorry, if this sounds like a test. I appreciate your thoughts.

Before topping the entire car, top just a small section and then inspect the difference between the topped section and the NXT section.

Totally forgot about that tip. I think I have been learning the hard way. I will definitely be doing a test panel