PDA

View Full Version : what wax to use on my red f250

Blake's Mobile Detailing
10-12-2009, 01:21 AM
I have a 2009 red f250( you can see it in my profile pic). I was wondering what would be the best wax to use on it. I have seem some waxes that seem to taller to red or warm colored vehicles. It has 3000 miles on it and I have not waxed it yet. I have been wanting to but with school and detailing others cars I have not have time to put a layer of wax on yet. Any suggestions?

Matt
10-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Well personally I'd reccomend P21s 100% wax. (http://www.autogeek.net/p21s-100--carnauba-wax.html)

It's a really nice wax.

The waxes you're probably thinking of are the Poorboys Natty's waxes.

I'm not sure which is best for what colour, but they have 3
White (http://www.autogeek.net/pbnpw.html)
Blue (http://www.autogeek.net/32ozpowonapa.html)
Red (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-nattys-red-wax.html)

Apparently one of these looks best on metallic paints and another on flat paints etc.

Mike Phillips
10-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Is this truck parked outside all of the time?

I'm guessing yes due to it's size? If not lucky you to have a garage long enough to hold this Behemoth!

If it is parked outside all the time the be sure to check and see if it needs to be clayed before using any wax, I'm confident you already know this but you never know how many Lurkers are reading any given thread and it's important for paint to be clean, smooth and free from any above surface contaminants so that which ever wax or paint sealant you use, it can properly bond to the paint.

If this is a daily driver, parked outside all of the time you might want to consider a light cleaner/wax instead of a finishing wax unless you really stay on top of washing the truck often or wiping it down with a spray detailer often.

:)

HighEndDetail
10-12-2009, 10:14 AM
If this is a daily driver, parked outside all of the time you might want to consider a light cleaner/wax instead of a finishing wax unless you really stay on top of washing the truck often or wiping it down with a spray detailer often.

:)
For something that big, you might want to consider a WOWA product. Like Optimum Opti-seal or Ultima UPGP

ryandamartini
10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Big Red Truck = Souveran

HANDS DOWN.

For looks anyways... It would just look awesome.

I think MaxWax would also be a nice carnauba paste on red as well. I think that if your going for more protection, you should check out the Klasse Twins as a foundation to give solid protection for about a year. You can top it with your favorite carnauba wax if you wish :)

Blake's Mobile Detailing
10-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Yes its parked outside my apartment all the time and driven everyday. I try to stay on top of keeping it clean to keep all the dust off but when it rains and I go down some roads it gets super muddy so I need more time to clean the mud off. I had often looked at the Klase chemicals and am liking them because they last so long. The paint is in pretty good condition but unlike most cars and trucks, the paint on this seems to be more of a matt finish. Its shiny dont get me wrong but when u get close you can see that it doesnt have the luster of most cars. Thank you for the posts and would love to hear everybodys suggestions. If I ever charge me camera I will try and take a good pic of the paint

TurboToys
10-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes its parked outside my apartment all the time and driven everyday. I try to stay on top of keeping it clean to keep all the dust off but when it rains and I go down some roads it gets super muddy so I need more time to clean the mud off. I had often looked at the Klase chemicals and am liking them because they last so long. The paint is in pretty good condition but unlike most cars and trucks, the paint on this seems to be more of a matt finish. Its shiny dont get me wrong but when u get close you can see that it doesnt have the luster of most cars. Thank you for the posts and would love to hear everybodys suggestions. If I ever charge me camera I will try and take a good pic of the paint

the paint used on cars and trucks and the techniques of applying them is sometimes different.

if its a truck that is going to be used by people for work, or see some body damage scratching etc. the maker will generally tweak the painting of the panels a bit to allow for some orange peel, which will make it appear as a less shiny finish because it doesnt look much like a mirror up close. what this does is when you get dings, scratches, dirt or swirls, it makes them much less visible than a car that has completely flat clear... you could see a small scratch on a dark colored car with leveld paint from 10 feet away. but it would be much harder to notice on a truck with slightly orange peeled paint on a lighter color.

different manufacturers have different paint standards, and you can easily see the difference on brand new cars.... look at the paint on an escalade, and compare it to the paint on a corvette... they both cost the same, but the vette is gonna look like a mirror compared to the escalade.

ScottB
10-12-2009, 05:34 PM
waxes --- Fuzion or Souveran
sealants --- Wolfgang , Four Star, Opti-seal