PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a loyalty program?

14automobiles
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
I was interested to know if anyone has any type of loyalty program or membership with their customers to keep them coming to you regularly? What is it? How do you run it? I have been racking my head over this ...:bash:

Tex Star Detail
10-11-2009, 10:05 PM
No. Good work ethics speak for itself. If you treat your customer right, they will treat you the same. (send you referrals and repeat business) I tend to give a deep discount every once in a while as well as freebies when they aren't expecting it. (They book a simple wash, they try to pay you and you tell them it's free. They are happy and remember that. Voila....) Only do it for repeat customers that have been with you for a while. If you do it to someone that has only came back maybe twice, you risk them not using you again.

I also send out Greeting Cards during the Holidays with a coupon or such. Keeps them coming back.

Keep it simple. Think outside the box sometimes.

For instance. Last October, for the whole month, after I did a service on a customers car, I left a little orange box (with a pumpkin sticker on it) filled with candy corn on their console. I didn't let them know I left it there. They found it after I left, usually later in the day. I don't know how many 1st time customers called me back and said thank you and are now repeats.

Blake's Mobile Detailing
10-12-2009, 01:16 AM
the box with candy idea is a awsome idea. Thank you. I have often thought about leaving gifts without telling my customers. For people that just get a basic wash package i tend to throw in a little extra work such as interior scent or fully detailing just the dash( if its not to bad). I will tell them on the walk through after the job that I did this for them for no additional charge. they thank me alot and it seems to get my name out more. I wouldnt do this for everybody though.

agpatel
10-12-2009, 01:33 AM
I dont know if this would help any but for those people who you think are not the most car smart or just for anyone you could check there tire pressure, maybe just take a peak in the engine compartment and look at fluid levels and just let them know if fluids are low or top off on air and just let them know. This may not be something you like to do but just seems like something nice for someone who seems like they are not very car smart. Then again idk how many of them would get a detailer but could be a nice gesture.

Tex Star Detail
10-12-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't think I would go checking fluid levels. Something tells me it's not a great idea. Telling the customer that their transmission fluid is low, when they didn't give you permission. I don' know, maybe just my way of thinking. I would guess they would not care really. But to each his own. Checking tire pressure is good, though some run different pressures than the tire rating for certain purposes. Maybe checking the pressure then asking them if they would like you to adjust/fill to proper capacity.

agpatel
10-12-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't think I would go checking fluid levels. Something tells me it's not a great idea. Telling the customer that their transmission fluid is low, when they didn't give you permission. I don' know, maybe just my way of thinking. I would guess they would not care really. But to each his own. Checking tire pressure is good, though some run different pressures than the tire rating for certain purposes. Maybe checking the pressure then asking them if they would like you to adjust/fill to proper capacity.

Yeah, after thinking about it fluid level is not the best idea, but air pressure could be checked and if you see something way out of wack. Like it is suppose to be 28 psi and they have 19-20 psi then you should let them know or something. idk...

PaintPolisher
10-12-2009, 01:40 PM
If you are going to check tire pressure is the tire filled with air or nitrogen?

14automobiles
10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
I have received a lot of great ideas about great service, but doesn't anyone do any type of membership. I have seen some detailers doing this I was wondering how they do this....e.g. call them or directly schedule an appointment once or twice a month and the customer receives a discount for their loyalty to your business (membership in essence).

Tex Star Detail
10-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I have received a lot of great ideas about great service, but doesn't anyone do any type of membership. I have seen some detailers doing this I was wondering how they do this....e.g. call them or directly schedule an appointment once or twice a month and the customer receives a discount for their loyalty to your business (membership in essence).

Sounds like a hassle to me. To me, it seems that customers do not like to be "tied" to something or some service, so to speak.

I have some clients that purchase washes and such in advance, say 3 months at a time. I go out every 1st and 15th or whatever you set up.

jwellsii
10-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Just remember with tire pressure, the reading on the tire is the max. tire pressure and at that pressure you don't get the best fuel mileage, wear or handling.

bmp auto detail
10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
The most important thing is to be respectful with the customer, call them by their name and ask them for any suggestions to improve our work, most of the time the customer says they are satisfied. Obviously our work should be the best.

VISITOR
10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
IME, AG has been great and their customer service has been top notch (not to mention the variety of products they have as well). they haven't given me a reason not to buy or support them. will i only buy from them, probably not - but will i keep buying from and support them - absolutely...

autoinsider
10-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Take a look at Loyalty-trac.com. They do our program here at the lube center and auto spa.

r0ckstrWS6
10-14-2009, 10:20 AM
well a type of loyalty program, if you want to look at it that way, could be a discount card.

getting a card that has stars or whatever around the border, and then every time the customer comes you punch a hole through the card, once all the stars ( or however many you choose i.e. every 5, every 10) are punched through, they get some service free. like wax or something.