PDA

View Full Version : Sealant/Wax comparison chart

Pages : [1] 2

CEE DOG
10-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Something that would be extremely useful to the consumer would be a chart that shows all the sealants and waxes that AG sells and lists some of the traits. (UV protection, durability, water beading?, water sheeting? etc.) Is their any way this could come about?

Mike Phillips
10-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey that's a good idea, we could also include if they were WOWO or a WODWO

Also if it's a finishing wax, (no cleaners), or a cleaner/wax

:)

DLB
10-09-2009, 04:50 PM

You got it Mike!

DLB

Mister B
10-09-2009, 05:19 PM
That would definitely make life a lot easier when browsing through all the various waxes and sealants trying to decide what to buy.

:xyxthumbs:

GMC83
10-09-2009, 07:04 PM
I like it.

Matt
10-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey that is a good idea!

And maybe on the page of each selant/ wax/ cleanerwax etc, you can have a few "icons" that say what it is. Like for example, if it's a cleaner wax, then you might have a green rectangle at the bottom of the page (next to the product size...16oz ect) that says "cleaner wax" in it.

For a pure sealant you may have a blue rectangle that says "sealant" and so on and so forth. Color coded that can be easily associated/ recognized with the chart.

I made my own lil (and very bad) example below:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/sealant_icon_blue_Bradley_Hand_ITC_2.JPG (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/11213)

You may have a few of these at the bottom of the page, so maybe a green one with "cleaner" in it and a Yellow one for "wax" or the blue for "sealant" and the combination of them will mean you can look and see what features the product has.

If it was a cleaner wax, you might have a yellow "wax" rectangle and then a green "cleaner" rectangle underneath it.

ricks778
10-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Sounds like a GREAT idea. how about including glaze's.

Bunky
10-10-2009, 07:29 AM
I would suggest adding curing time if needed such as for WGPS.

Mike Phillips
10-10-2009, 08:35 AM
I would suggest adding curing time if needed such as for WGPS.

Another good idea...

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
10-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Sounds like a GREAT idea. how about including glaze's.

That should probably be a different chart.

While waxes and paint sealants use the term glaze, in the body shop industry glaze usually refers to a product applied to the paint to make it look good but it's also safe for fresh paint, which means it won't seal like a wax or paint sealant and it's usually water soluble, which means it won't last. A glaze in the body shop industry is kind of opposite of a wax or sealant in the enthusiast world.

Two well known examples would be 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze

So if a product is in fact a wax or paint sealant but uses the word Glaze on the label then it would be on the wax and paint sealant chart.

If the product is in fact a glaze, as in a product formulated to make paint look glossy but not actually be a wax or a paint sealant, then it would be better to create a chart for glazes and non-abrasive polishes.

A4 1.8tqm
10-10-2009, 09:12 AM
CEE DOG, Great idea!

Bunky, Great idea!

Mike likes the idea, great!

unclestu
10-10-2009, 01:10 PM

Hey Mike
I am happy and flattered to see you chose to use my acronym WODWO:)

alexjn1
10-10-2009, 03:29 PM
The chart idea is a great one for newbie's like myself.

I have found the other comparison charts on this site a great educating tool to help me with learning how to better care for my vehicle.

CEE DOG
10-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Thank so much for all the support guys! This is going to be terrific:dblthumb2:

gewb
10-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Great ideas here. Reading them makes me think of the hazardous chemical symbol used in industry and shipping. I think that would be a route to take - just need to decide on the four (typically) basics that the symbol represent. Just thinking out loud...

Regards,
GEWB