PDA

View Full Version : Time Issue

Darren F
09-26-2006, 08:29 AM
If time were an issue, and you only really had time to use AIO or a similar product, then apply a sealant, would you run your car through one of those "brushless or touchless car washes" to save the 30 - 60 minutes it would take to wash the car?

coondog64
09-26-2006, 08:38 AM
I would say as long as the car is not too dirty, or you clean it on a regular basis youll be fine. Just make sure to dry the car off really good, maybe even using a QD.

May want to consider applying PB Bug Squash prior to entering the wash, or even doing a waterless wash on spots the high pressure jets just didnt get.

What does everyone else think? I am in the same situation, no real good place to wash my car except the touchless wash.

Reddwarf
09-26-2006, 09:01 AM
I've used one a couple of times. If the car is dirty, the system doesn't get all the dirt off. If the car is fairly clean it works pretty good. The one near my home has a covered area you can pull into and dry the car. I also did a QD on it. The only concern I have is what kind of soap and chemicals are they using? Is it eating away my wax? Anyway, for a quick fix it works okay.

Another alternative that takes more time is to use something like PB S&W on a regular basis.

Darren F
09-26-2006, 10:02 AM
been raining alot here in Fla so the car is pretty dirty...In the past I have used the automated car wash here in town that is pretty good (the line on the weekends is crazy) but never with my Black car....I do plan on using Prime Acrylic which will remove any swirls, and also clean and protect the paint and then top it with Acylic Jett so I hope I will be ok

Surfer
09-26-2006, 10:15 AM
been raining alot here in Fla so the car is pretty dirty...In the past I have used the automated car wash here in town that is pretty good (the line on the weekends is crazy) but never with my Black car....I do plan on using Prime Acrylic which will remove any swirls, and also clean and protect the paint and then top it with Acylic Jett so I hope I will be okAhh your in Ft Lauderdale, I'm in Boca. Haven't washed or qd/detailed any of our vehicles in a month b/c it's just going to storm right afterwards lol. My suv is covered in dirt.

ScottB
09-26-2006, 06:25 PM
If time were an issue, and you only really had time to use AIO or a similar product, then apply a sealant, would you run your car through one of those "brushless or touchless car washes" to save the 30 - 60 minutes it would take to wash the car?

nope ...

take a white glove and wipe the car after the touchless wash. Nothing but pressurized water and very alkaline soap. Not a good idea. And hey, in Ft Lauderdale we have not had rain since last Friday.

Darren F
09-26-2006, 06:45 PM
being in the car business I work the weekends so I wanst able to get out and take advantage of the decent weather we had this past weekend...Which is part of my problem....