PDA

View Full Version : Best product to stop dust attraction

Pages : [1] 2

unclestu
10-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Feed back please
What is the best product to use to stop my black car from being a DUST MAGNET?

The car has been sealed with wdgps and waxed with Fuzion

Harleyguy
10-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Feed back please
What is the best product to use to stop my black car from being a DUST MAGNET?

The car has been sealed with wdgps and waxed with FuzionAll of us on here are always on the hunt for a product that helps with the dust.I've been using Fk#425 and been very happy with it.And now that Ag carries it that makes it alot easier to order some.

christian900se
10-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I have to second FK 425. Killrwheels tried FK 146 and had equal success, but it is not the cure all for dust. Just merely cuts it down a bit.

ScottB
10-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I have to second FK 425. Killrwheels tried FK 146 and had equal success, but it is not the cure all for dust. Just merely cuts it down a bit.

I am quite impressed with Finish Kare 146 .. maybe it was just the weather this week, but I have seen a reduction.

loudog2
10-08-2009, 09:06 PM
FK 425 works great. I've been trying Dodo juice red mist tropical. It leaves a nice slick finish also. The static is being cause by you wiping it with the microfiber. Just use a QD after the sealant or wax is cured.

CTS-Veo
10-08-2009, 09:52 PM
maybe someone should try using a dryer sheet for their final wipe down. That person should definately have a black car.

FWIW that was a joke, but I wonder if there's a way to use the same principles that make a dryer sheet work,to help with reducing static on auto paint? It probably sounds stupid, but I'm not really sure what about dryer a sheet removes static.

bukxanger
10-09-2009, 05:46 AM
maybe you can put a dryer sheet behind the first layer of your MF towel!!!!... sounds good huh??

ballfan4141
10-09-2009, 02:22 PM
having a black car, you really get a great shine and look but those are some of the cons.

christian900se
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Here is my solution to dust: wipe down with QD when I get home or before I take the car out every time, at least thats how I do it. :)

Also, I'm not sure about the durability of FK 425. But I noticed that my car is significantly less dirty than before in terms of a set distance in the rain. It also seems to have made water spots wipe away effortlessly; normally they require a bit more effort to get off completely, but 425 does a great job. Streak free FTW.

DARK HORSE
10-09-2009, 06:33 PM
I also have a black car and have noticed that if I use a less plush microfiber towel when QD'ing I generate a lot less static. I have recently started using my Cobra waffle weave guzzlers when doing a GENTLE (in one direction) wipe down with FK 425. The static generation and dust accumulation has been considerably reduced for me since I started using the WW guzzlers w/ my FK 425 wipe downs.

MisterShark
10-09-2009, 07:21 PM
There's a manufacturer that makes 2 varieties of anti-static QDs but it' not a company that AG sells products of, so I can't really discuss it here.

unclestu
10-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I also have a black car and have noticed that if I use a less plush microfiber towel when QD'ing I generate a lot less static. I have recently started using my Cobra waffle weave guzzlers when doing a GENTLE (in one direction) wipe down with FK 425. The static generation and dust accumulation has been considerably reduced for me since I started using the WW guzzlers w/ my FK 425 wipe downs.

I know exactly what you mean. As soon as I touched the really plush mf towel to the paint I could literally hear the static electricity crackle.

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Like just mentioned most of the static is from you rubbing the paint with the microfibers. This can be cut down alittle by the way you dry your towels.

CTS-Veo
10-09-2009, 10:16 PM
That's a good point. I never thought about how the nap of a towel would effect the static. I've got a few of the newer non-cobra waffle weaves from AG that I don't really car for (as far as drying goes), so they might make a good qd towel.

Thanks for the tip!

Like just mentioned most of the static is from you rubbing the paint with the microfibers. This can be cut down alittle by the way you dry your towels.
For example?

DARK HORSE
10-09-2009, 10:28 PM
That's a good point. I never thought about how the nap of a towel would effect the static. I've got a few of the newer non-cobra waffle weaves from AG that I don't really car for (as far as drying goes), so they might make a good qd towel.

Thanks for the tip!

Just be careful. I trust the Cobra WW's to be of high quality and I only use them for QD'ing when my car is CLEAN. I also watch after each wipe to ensure there is nothing trapped in the towel that may mar the paint. Be sure to wipe GENTLEY, and only in one direction. I wipe in the direction that the air flows over the car.