PDA

View Full Version : Poli-seal question

KyCatFan
10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I will be giving it a try this weekend for the first time. What pad should I use, and how much product should I apply to the pad. I have bolth white and black pads and I will be using a pc. Paint is in very good condition so I am thinking the black pad. Will the black pads produce a better gloss than the white pads( finish down better)? Also usually how long does it need to be worked in befor it dissapears into the paint? Thanks!Feed back please

Waxmax
10-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I'd probably go with the white pad, but either will work. It disappears pretty quickly as you work it... easy to use. As with most products less is more. A nice AIO product. I top it with Opti-Seal.

MoBenzOwner
10-08-2009, 01:33 PM
I'd probably go with the white pad, but either will work. It disappears pretty quickly as you work it... easy to use. As with most products less is more. A nice AIO product. I top it with Opti-Seal.

+1 on the white pad

Emile
10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
If no swirls or scratches, then go with a gray pad. No need to correct any non-existing problems.

Just know that if you are going to use your machine to apply the stuff, you have to work it in, one section at a time until the product is broken down. In Poli-Seal's case, it will mostly just disappear into the paint, I have no idea how, it's just magic.

If you don't work it in, you will be left with some haze and buffer trails all over the place, believe me I've tried. So if you just want Poli-Seal to clean existing paint protection and lay down a coat of sealant, I suggest just applying it by hand with a damp microfiber applicator pad.

KyCatFan
10-08-2009, 06:25 PM
So is it easy to apply and remove by hand?

belcherm58
10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
I would go with the white pad too.

Da Fats
10-08-2009, 10:54 PM
I definately experienced the buffer trials with whtie pad + poliseal this week. I eneded up redoing sections of the car. I would like to use my green CCS pads with this product but anything softer then white seems to suck the product up and just saturates the pad...

I definately got more product to the paint with the white pad but maybe it was to much I definatley noticed trials in areas where I was rushed/distracted and had to reapply to remove

I have not yet tried the grey pads as they are softer then the green and I did not want to repeat the process of cleaning the saturated green pads... ever...:buffing:

Emile
10-09-2009, 07:55 AM
So is it easy to apply and remove by hand?
Use a damp MF applicator pad, or spritz it with a QD and then apply. It's difficult to spread but insanely easy to buff off since most of it disappears into the paint after it hazes over. It hazes over in just a few minutes after applying it.

You won't get much correction (if at all) when applying by hand, though.

KyCatFan
10-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the info. I will give both methods a shot. I will polish the tight areas by hand and the large areas by PC. I only have 6.5in pads, I need to get some 4in pads soon! Will foam applicators work ok by hand?

Emile
10-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Foam applicators would be fine for spot-polishing. I just kept saying microfiber applicators because if you're going to do an entire vehicle by hand, the smaller foam applicator can become tiring because they are harder to hold and require more pressure for polishing action. But for small areas, it will be fine.