PDA

View Full Version : Small bottles of 105 and 205

Mister B
10-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Are these smaller bottles of 105 and 205 available for sale? I have never seen them before.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/676/MeguiarsHydro.jpg

VISITOR
10-07-2009, 02:15 PM
those are 6oz. sample bottles that aren't labeled for re-sale...

Meghan
10-07-2009, 02:15 PM
No they are not for sale, why do you like the smaller size bottles?

Mister B
10-07-2009, 02:25 PM
It would just be nice to have the option to buy smaller sample sizes of the products that typically come in larger quantities is all. That way you do not have to buy the larger container and find out you did not like the product. Kind of like the sampler program that ADS runs where you can buy sample sizes of the Mirror Glaze and Detailer line Meguiars products.

Harleyguy
10-07-2009, 02:38 PM
It would just be nice to have the option to buy smaller sample sizes of the products that typically come in larger quantities is all. That way you do not have to buy the larger container and find out you did not like the product. Kind of like the sampler program that ADS runs where you can buy sample sizes of the Mirror Glaze and Detailer line Meguiars products.With all the post on here and other forums how everyone uses and likes how the 105.205 combo works that would be enough reason for me to buy the full size bottles.Trust me the sample sizes will not to large of an area.If you use a pc with it and want to prime the pads like so many do that really soaks up alot of the product.If you buy tha full six bottles and don't like there are plenty people here that will take it off your hands including me:props:

Mister B
10-07-2009, 02:52 PM
With all the post on here and other forums how everyone uses and likes how the 105.205 combo works that would be enough reason for me to buy the full size bottles.Trust me the sample sizes will not to large of an area.If you use a pc with it and want to prime the pads like so many do that really soaks up alot of the product.If you buy tha full six bottles and don't like there are plenty people here that will take it off your hands including me:props:

It’s not that I think I might not like 105 or 205. In fact I already have the 32oz. bottle of 205. When I saw the smaller bottles of 105 and 205, it just made me think how it would be nice it AutoGeek also had samples available (not necessarily 6oz.) of the Mirror Glaze and Detailer Line products. Not just 105 and 205 specifically. :D

CharlesW
10-07-2009, 03:18 PM
No they are not for sale, why do you like the smaller size bottles?While smaller bottles are not something on my wish list, I do find that a 32 oz. bottle of product will last me several years.
For the people doing vehicles for customers, the large sizes make sense. For us hobby detailers, even 16 oz. bottles last years.

BarryK
10-07-2009, 04:26 PM
While smaller bottles are not something on my wish list, I do find that a 32 oz. bottle of product will last me several years.
For the people doing vehicles for customers, the large sizes make sense. For us hobby detailers, even 16 oz. bottles last years.

keep in mind that M105/M205 are in Megs Mirror Glaze line of products which is their Professional line of products that is designed for and targeted to body shops. For that market a 32oz bottle of product is pretty small and doesn't last them all that long. Anything smaller would be a waste of time for a paint shop to bother with and a waste of time for Megs to offer.

now, granted, there are people purchasing Mirror Glaze products that are not body shops but the vast majority of these "other people" are either professional detailers who also tend to go thru product fairly quickly so they tend to purchase in the larger size bottles or "Enthusiast" or 'Hobby:" detailers such as you find on forums like this. This last group, while excited about new products, likes to try out new and various products, etc is really a very small percentage of the overall market. It's most likely not cost effective for Megs to have to create and offer the product in smaller size packaging for what is in reality a very small percentage of the overall market, and especially when it's outside of the main targeted market the product was created for to begin with.

Other brands, what i'll refer to as more specialized "boutique" brands, can offer smaller sized containers because most of their market IS the enthusiast or hobby detailer and they are more set up to cater to that particular market and the demands or requests of the market.

maxisiri
10-07-2009, 05:00 PM
While smaller bottles are not something on my wish list, I do find that a 32 oz. bottle of product will last me several years.
I agree with you, I love smaller bottles (8 oz, 16 oz) rather than 32 oz. ones...This one of the reason I still didn´t try the Menzerna Nano and SIP...I know one of the two mentioned Menzerna are available in 16 oz. but the price is almost the same as the 32 oz one so it doesn´t make sense to go for the 16 oz one. I hope other compound/polishes are in the future in little bottles following the example of Wolfgang TSR&FG and the entire Optimum line.

CharlesW
10-07-2009, 05:02 PM
keep in mind that M105/M205 are in Megs Mirror Glaze line of products which is their Professional line of products that is designed for and targeted to body shops. For that market a 32oz bottle of product is pretty small and doesn't last them all that long. Anything smaller would be a waste of time for a paint shop to bother with and a waste of time for Megs to offer.

now, granted, there are people purchasing Mirror Glaze products that are not body shops but the vast majority of these "other people" are either professional detailers who also tend to go thru product fairly quickly so they tend to purchase in the larger size bottles or "Enthusiast" or 'Hobby:" detailers such as you find on forums like this. This last group, while excited about new products, likes to try out new and various products, etc is really a very small percentage of the overall market. It's most likely not cost effective for Megs to have to create and offer the product in smaller size packaging for what is in reality a very small percentage of the overall market, and especially when it's outside of the main targeted market the product was created for to begin with.

Other brands, what i'll refer to as more specialized "boutique" brands, can offer smaller sized containers because most of their market IS the enthusiast or hobby detailer and they are more set up to cater to that particular market and the demands or requests of the market.:iagree:I agree completely with what you are saying, but.......
I think Mister B is referring to the sample program that ADS has.

It would just be nice to have the option to buy smaller sample sizes of the products that typically come in larger quantities is all. That way you do not have to buy the larger container and find out you did not like the product. Kind of like the sampler program that ADS runs where you can buy sample sizes of the Mirror Glaze and Detailer line Meguiars products.I also think he was saying that a sample program from AG would be nice.

It’s not that I think I might not like 105 or 205. In fact I already have the 32oz. bottle of 205. When I saw the smaller bottles of 105 and 205, it just made me think how it would be nice it AutoGeek also had samples available (not necessarily 6oz.) of the Mirror Glaze and Detailer Line products. Not just 105 and 205 specifically. :D

While it might not be practical for AG, it still would be nice. :props:

Mister B
10-07-2009, 05:12 PM
While it might not be practical for AG, it still would be nice. :props:

Exactly. It can't hurt to ask. The worse thing AG can say is no. :D

Harleyguy
10-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Ok i understand a little more clearly now and yes i guess it would make sence to offer some sort of sample pack.Maybe pick your own sample pack deal.I know before Ag bought in the Finish Kare line i bought there sample pack and enjoyed trying a few of there products.So now i guess we will have to put a post in.I think there was a thread asking what would you like Ag to carry.We will all have to gang up on them now LOL

Mister B
03-31-2010, 11:36 AM
:updated: It looks like they do sell the small bottles now.

M105 - 8oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-105-compound-8oz.html)

M205 - 8oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-205-polish-8oz.html)

Mike Phillips
03-31-2010, 11:57 AM
:updated: It looks like they do sell the small bottles now.

M105 - 8oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-105-compound-8oz.html)

M205 - 8oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-205-polish-8oz.html)

Correct, you can find the new 8 ounce sample size bottles quickly by visiting the What's new! (http://www.autogeek.net/newproducts.html) page.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/719/Megs105102Samples01.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/719/Megs105102Samples02.jpg

:)

dmxsoulja3
03-31-2010, 01:22 PM
way to go autogeek, so many times I go to ADS because of the smaller size products, 32oz of something is yearrrrs of product for us weekend warriors, sometimes 8oz/16oz is just what I'm looking for.