PDA

View Full Version : protecting wheels

Blake's Mobile Detailing
10-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Ok so I am pretty new to detailing. (just doing it part time while going to college)

I have been reading a little and looking at products for "Sealing wheels". Havent herd of this till now and would like a little insight on this procedure. Is this needed? How often should I do this? Should I charge extra for this and if so how much(ball park)?

ScottB
10-07-2009, 07:16 AM
using a paint sealant or wheel specific protectant like those from DP and Poorboys helps to reduce the need for wheel cleaner. It essentially protects the surface like a wax. Usually soap/water is all thats needed for several weeks. I then find monthly its time to use the additional power of a wheel cleaner and then reprotect with sealant afterwards for best results.

sullysdetailing
10-07-2009, 07:25 AM
The DP wheel glaze works great. My mom as a 2009 VW Touregg after one day of driving the cars rims are all black again. I decided to test it on one rim it still dirty but not black like the other 3.

mchess1
10-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Love the PB's wheel sealant. BMW's are notorious for their brake dust and it does a great job making it easy.

Blake's Mobile Detailing
10-07-2009, 10:20 AM
thanks