PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang vs. Menzerna??

Pages : [1] 2

CEE DOG
10-06-2009, 07:01 PM
My paint is in good condition. just some micro scratches and a couple water spots visible from up close inspection at certain angles. 1 or 2 scratches visible from a couple feet.

I am going to be purchasing the Griots or PC (leaning towards PC) and was planning to buy some Menzerna polish. One of the kits includes some Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0. Question is what is the deal witth this Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0? see below I copied from the text.

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 is a hybrid of our original Total Swirl Remover formula and Menzerna’s fast-cutting polish for ceramic clear coats. It combines Wolfgang’s diminishing abrasive technology with Menzerna’s special milling process, which produces consistently sized, fast cutting abrasives.

1.- Is this as good as the Menzerna?

2.-Does anybody know will AG let me put together a kit with Menzerna polish instead?

3.-What pads should I get? (I know theres lot's of data on this) which I will continue to review as well but theres so much it's rather intimidating!
Feed back please

CEE DOG
10-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I just found another thread about menzerna vs. the wolfgang which steers me towards the wolfgang being I am brand new to machine polishing. But I am planning to learn on an older car first. I read in that thread the wolfgang is more user friendly. Don't know the learing curve difference though...
Feed back please

sparkie
10-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Go with some Lake Country or Cobra pads.

Harleyguy
10-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Not sure if you seen this chart but it should help you compare the menz and wolfgang.The menz is a little harder to use when humid out.As far as pads Sparkie mentione some Lc pads.Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm)

Meghan
10-06-2009, 07:19 PM
We can help you with a kit, and to answer your question, Wolfgang polishes are now made by Menzerna.

CEE DOG
10-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Not sure if you seen this chart but it should help you compare the menz and wolfgang.The menz is a little harder to use when humid out.As far as pads Sparkie mentione some Lc pads.Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm)

Thank you-This is great! looks like maybe the Wolf is more aggressive then I need.

We can help you with a kit, and to answer your question, Wolfgang polishes are now made by Menzerna.
Thank you Meghan! I will call tommorrow or the next day

sparkie
10-06-2009, 07:31 PM

I didn't know AG had that chart...Thanks for the link.....:props:

Harleyguy
10-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I didn't know AG had that chart...Thanks for the link.....:props:My pleasure that's what it's all about helping each other :xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

loudog2
10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Wolfgang TSR 3.0 is basically like Menzerna power finish 203. Wolfgang FG is basically Menzerna 106FA.

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-06-2009, 08:23 PM
I would look at getting the Meguiars m105 and m205 with a pc. Easier to use and with those two polishes you pretty much can take care of anything. I would also go with the LC flat pads with the pc.

CEE DOG
10-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I would look at getting the Meguiars m105 and m205 with a pc. Easier to use and with those two polishes you pretty much can take care of anything. I would also go with the LC flat pads with the pc.

Why flat pads over CCS?
What are the pros/cons of each?

The write up for the ccs pads makes them sound better??
CCS foam buffing pads,foam polishing pads,lake country foam pads,foam polisher pads,buffer pads,lake county pads,porter cable pads,pads for air sander (http://www.autogeek.net/ccs-5-5inch-foam-buffing-pads.html)

cobraa
10-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Wolfgang TSR 3.0 is basically like Menzerna power finish 203. Wolfgang FG is basically Menzerna 106FA.

Ummm. I think TSR3.0 is more like PO83.

Buckskincolt
10-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Why flat pads over CCS?

CCS foam buffing pads,foam polishing pads,lake country foam pads,foam polisher pads,buffer pads,lake county pads,porter cable pads,pads for air sander (http://www.autogeek.net/ccs-5-5inch-foam-buffing-pads.html)

Cee Dog,

Did you read my review on the new LC Hydro-Tech pads and the Wolfgang TSRC? It's in the product review section on hydro-tech pads.

I must say I really like the WG polishing combo. Really great results and very easy to use. Finished off very nice, very low dusting. From one noob to another I highly recommend the Wolfgang Total Swirl remover Combo. I also think you should take a close look at the new Hydro-Tech pads, I think their quality is better than the CCS pads. Here is my review. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/20999-review-new-hydro-tech-6-5-pads.html Very user and noob friendly!

Also If you choose the Griot's you won't be sorry. Some of the people who tried them at the classes at AG this weekend are starting to speak up and say it out preforms the XP.

Now that you are totally confused!:buffing:

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Why flat pads over CCS?

The CCS pads make using a rotary alot easier, they keep down on pad skipping. With something like a da you want a pad with full contact to get the most out of the tool. Also since using both types of pads on a pc the flat pads also do a much better job as far as cutting or polishing. Now if you were getting a rotary I would agree with you to get the CCS pads.

CEE DOG
10-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Cee Dog,

Did you read my review on the new LC Hydro-Tech pads and the Wolfgang TSRC? It's in the product review section on hydro-tech pads.

I must say I really like the WG polishing combo. Really great results and very easy to use. Finished off very nice, very low dusting. From one noob to another I highly recommend the Wolfgang Total Swirl remover Combo. I also think you should take a close look at the new Hydro-Tech pads, I think their quality is better than the CCS pads. Here is my review. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/20999-review-new-hydro-tech-6-5-pads.html Very user and noob friendly!

Also If you choose the Griot's you won't be sorry. Some of the people who tried them at the classes at AG this weekend are starting to speak up and say it out preforms the XP.

Now that you are totally confused!:buffing:
LOL! (totally confused)

I just read it- Thank you, Great Review-lots of info that helps me. You have me convinced on the WG. Between it being made by Menzerna and how user friendly you say it is I am almost sold on it. The problem is I really don't want to use anything anymore abrasive then neccessary. (Don't want to eat my clear coat!) It seems like the 3.0 is a little too aggressive. Would using a less aggresive pad with this polish equalize the situation or is that a bad idea. Would the "glaze" polish be strong enough to do what I need on my sky. (a few water spots and tiny micro scratches, 1 or 2 "actual" scratches you can see) I see the Hydro Tech pads are "flat pads" and I am sold on using those. It was your article that initially pushed me more towrds the Griots but when I read elsewhere it seems like everybody trusts the PC more for newbs. After you're continued insistence I have to think some more about Griots. I wish we could put a poll up on here that people who have used both could vote. Thanks again for all the info!

The CCS pads make using a rotary alot easier, they keep down on pad skipping. With something like a da you want a pad with full contact to get the most out of the tool. Also since using both types of pads on a pc the flat pads also do a much better job as far as cutting or polishing. Now if you were getting a rotary I would agree with you to get the CCS pads.

Thanks so much for this completely logical explanation! Exactly what I needed to know. I am planning on the flat Hydro Tech pads.