PDA

View Full Version : is it OK to use a quick detailer everyday?

JCB
09-25-2006, 10:21 PM
as title goes, is it ok? or just after wash? or use QD only if necessary? everyday sounds obsessive.

Rapidity
09-25-2006, 10:27 PM
everyday? I wish I had that kind of time. I would be scared of making swirls...

JCB
09-25-2006, 10:37 PM
i dont have that time either, just ask out of curiousity, to follow it up, how do you take off dust in your car?

supercharged
09-25-2006, 10:39 PM
It is ok, by depends how dirty your car gets. If it rains - no, don't use it.

Rapidity
09-26-2006, 07:03 AM
I know people here will cringe, but if it's a really light dusting I use a cali duster. I only use QD after I wash

snomon1017
09-26-2006, 07:21 AM
keeping in my that I never drive my car (fun one, that is) in the rain, I qd it EVERY time I drive it. As soon as I pull back into the garage, out comes the Pinnacle CM. No ifs, ands, or buts. And, I have NO swirls!!! Just make sure you use a good, clean MF and lots of product.

supercharged
09-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Instead of QD every day, why don't you wash it twice a week if time allows. That will be the best. Remember to use QD after every wash.

coondog64
09-26-2006, 02:29 PM
I know people here will cringe, but if it's a really light dusting I use a cali duster. I only use QD after I wash

I have used the OXO duster. As long as you move in one direction it works good I think. I usually follow us with PB S&W or a QD after words. Its a good midweek fix in between washes I think.

99 hardtop
09-26-2006, 02:41 PM
as title goes, is it ok? or just after wash? or use QD only if necessary? everyday sounds obsessive.

I have used a Ca. duster on my vette and acura for years follow with a quality quick detailer, never had a problem. Only caution would be if your vehicle is dirty, then a wash is in order. Quick detailer can be used as often as you want will only keep it looking good. Im the MAN

FloridaNative
09-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Actually we have a few Cali duster users on this forum. I have one but never use it since I don't have a garage. My car gets dust (courtesy of the 3 condos going up down the street from my house) mixed with morning dew and I wouldn't touch that with a Cali duster. I say it's okay to QD everyday if the car is garaged. If it sits outside and you get that dew/dust combo that cements when the sun comes out, I wouldn't touch it with a QD, I'd just wait until wash day comes. That's just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. :p

SVTContour
09-26-2006, 04:24 PM
I have used the OXO duster. As long as you move in one direction it works good I think. I usually follow us with PB S&W or a QD after words. Its a good midweek fix in between washes I think.

That is what I do. OXO duster first, then Poorboy's Spray & Wipe with either Cobra miracle towels or Cobra super plush towels. On my wheels I use cheaper older microfibers and DP 4-1 mixed at it's specified QD ratio.

JCB
09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
isnt it that cali duster is coated with something that attract or hold dust?

99 hardtop
09-27-2006, 11:42 AM
isnt it that cali duster is coated with something that attract or hold dust?

The california duster is 100% cotton mop head with strands coated with paraffin wax. It acts like a magnet that gently removes dust and pollution. It will not scratch paint or clear coat finishes. However, be aware that imitations that are soaked in a greasy chemical can leave a oily film. I have used a cal. duster on all my cars including my 99 vette and never had a problem. Just my $.02Im the MAN :cheers:

ScottB
09-27-2006, 04:49 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/microfiber-duster.html

recently started using the microfiber version with no coating. Works well , the static just lifts the dust away.