PDA

View Full Version : Removing tough waterspots

anson89
10-06-2009, 03:17 PM
What do you guys use to remove tough waterspots? Especially on a black car

craigr
10-06-2009, 04:07 PM
We might need more info to guide you in the right direction.

Do you know if they are type 1 or type 2? If not check out the second post in this thread as Mike explains this very issue. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/20991-what-best-lsp-protect-against-water-spots.html

What type of compounds/polishes/cleaners do you have? Have you tried clay? Is the surface maintained regularly with wax?

Craig

Blackthorn One
10-06-2009, 04:58 PM
First I would try clay, and if that doesn't work, I would polish them out.

ScottB
10-06-2009, 04:59 PM
vinegar wipe down sometimes works, polishing is another, and wet-sanding for etching from waterspots. Best design is to use a good wax or sealant and reapply often for best possible protection.

Rsurfer
10-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Danase Water Spot Remover is getting some great reviews.

loco
10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
I usually try clay first, then vinegar. If those don't get them, try Klasse AIO. If they aren't etched in, AIO will remove them. If they are etched and it's just a few and your car isn't covered with them, something like ScratchX will get them out.

DARK HORSE
10-06-2009, 08:23 PM
vinegar wipe down sometimes works, polishing is another, and wet-sanding for etching from waterspots. Best design is to use a good wax or sealant and reapply often for best possible protection.

Will vinegar remove the wax like a paint cleaner does? Just wondering if one should wipe off the vinegar with a QD and re-wax over the affected arrea.

Blackthorn One
10-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Will vinegar remove the wax like a paint cleaner does? Just wondering if one should wipe off the vinegar with a QD and re-wax over the affected arrea.
I would say that anything that removes water spots can remove wax.

ricks778
10-06-2009, 09:16 PM
I agree with craigr more info, are these spots on the paint, or the windows?

Blackthorn One
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I've had excellent results using vinegar to remove water spots from glass. If that fails, you can carefully use a razor blaze on glass only.