PDA

View Full Version : Amount of time before buff off of wdgps3.0

Pages : [1] 2

unclestu
10-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Feed back please

I believe that the amount of time you must leave the wdgps on the car before you wipe it off is 45 minutes. Would there be any benefit to letting the product stay on the car for a longer period of time?

Also after the sealant has cured for at least 12 hours per coat and you than want to top it with a couple of coats of Fuzion how long do you wait between coats of the Fuzion?

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Feed back please

I believe that the amount of time you must leave the wdgps on the car before you wipe it off is 45 minutes. Would there be any benefit to letting the product stay on the car for a longer period of time?

Also after the sealant has cured for at least 12 hours per coat and you than want to top it with a couple of coats of Fuzion how long do you wait between coats of the Fuzion?

I have always left the sealant on for longer than an hour before removing Stu. As far as seeing a difference , no I haven't. The rule of thumb is to let a nuba cure for 24 hours before adding a second coat.

SouthernStyles
10-05-2009, 11:51 PM
What about in the sun when the car is hot?

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-06-2009, 12:01 AM
What about in the sun when the car is hot?

Why would you apply anything in the sun?

SouthernStyles
10-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Well i dont try to but somtimes it happens....

TonyBHPD
10-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Why would you apply anything in the sun?

Some of us that operate mobile may not have access to a garage/car-port/shade tree on certain jobs. Sometimes all we have to work with is the area that the customer provides us.

Regardless though, I have a 20x20 portable canopy, so the only thing I really do in the sun is wash (drying done under the canopy)

Dibbuz
10-06-2009, 09:03 AM
I let it sit at least 45 mins and if passes the swipe test I buff it out.

Mirror Detailing
10-06-2009, 10:40 AM
yep I as well do 45 minutes, then a minimum of 12 hours before 1-2 coats of wax.

unclestu
10-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I have always left the sealant on for longer than an hour before removing Stu. As far as seeing a difference , no I haven't. The rule of thumb is to let a nuba cure for 24 hours before adding a second coat.

Thanks for your feedback Dana and everyone else who replied to the question.

Dana or anyone else with a thought on this question,
Is it better to apply the Fuzion by hand or with my Flex 3401? I know that you must use only a thin coat and I was wondering if using the Flex will enable you to apply a thin coat more evenly.

HighEndDetail
10-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Is it better to apply the Fuzion by hand or with my Flex 3401? I know that you must use only a thin coat and I was wondering if using the Flex will enable you to apply a thin coat more evenly.

I would apply by hand.. One panel at a time, then remove.

loudog2
10-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I would apply by hand.. One panel at a time, then remove.
:iagree:Fuzion is so easy to apply by hand. It would take longer to use the flex, and you would waste a lot of product. Most people use the wipe-on wipe-off method. I apply it to the whole car, then let it sit for 45 minutes before removing it.

unclestu
10-06-2009, 06:35 PM
:iagree:Fuzion is so easy to apply by hand. It would take longer to use the flex, and you would waste a lot of product. Most people use the wipe-on wipe-off method. I apply it to the whole car, then let it sit for 45 minutes before removing it.

Thanks Loudog and Ed.
So you say you leave the Fuzion on for a good 45 min. (as I did with the wdgps). In 45 minutes will the Fuzion have dried to a haze by than or will it still be wet?

loudog2
10-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks Loudog and Ed.
So you say you leave the Fuzion on for a good 45 min. (as I did with the wdgps). In 45 minutes will the Fuzion have dried to a haze by than or will it still be wet?
It would be dry. I started doing this after I read a thread on a different forum. A guy tested in a lab how many coats you can actually apply. In his testing he came across that the 2 waffers with cure times(one I think 20 min, the other with I think 45 min), had thicker coats than the one with the wipe-on wipe-off method. I'd post the thread but I can't.

unclestu
10-06-2009, 06:48 PM
It would be dry. I started doing this after I read a thread on a different forum. A guy tested in a lab how many coats you can actually apply. In his testing he came across that the 2 waffers with cure times(one I think 20 min, the other with I think 45 min), had thicker coats than the one with the wipe-on wipe-off method. I'd post the thread but I can't.

Wow this information comes in really handy as I am going to apply the Fuzion tomorrow. i guess instead of a wowo it is going to be a WODWO (wipe on dry wipe off)

Thanks again Loudog:dblthumb2:

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Stu, I apply all my lsp's by hand. Not a big fan of applying wax or a sealant by machine. One reason being if something gets on the applicator you will feel it and fix it quicker than being used with a machine.