PDA

View Full Version : So if it DOES get wet before setting....

weeble
10-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Well that low probability of a bit of rain late in the evening turned into a little shower early in the afternoon, about 4 hours after a second coat of Wolfgang sealant was applied.

Is it a done deal that this goofed it up? What symptom am I going to be watching for and what remediation is possible?

MoBenzOwner
10-05-2009, 03:03 PM
It wont be totally a waste. It just wont have the full durability as if it had fully cured and the look might lose a fraction.

HighEndDetail
10-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Well that low probability of a bit of rain late in the evening turned into a little shower early in the afternoon, about 4 hours after a second coat of Wolfgang sealant was applied.

When was the first coat of WG applied. Since you should have full protection from the first coat.

ASPHALT ROCKET
10-05-2009, 03:28 PM
It will loose durability and you will see little faint water spot all over the car.

weeble
10-05-2009, 03:43 PM
When was the first coat of WG applied.

Yesterday morning, so it was on for about 24 hours before the second was applied.

HighEndDetail
10-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Yesterday morning, so it was on for about 24 hours before the second was applied.

You will have the full protection from the first coat. Second coat that would have gave more shine, slickness and protection. Will be compromised a little, I wouldn't worry too much. Sucks that your plan didn't work out, with the second coat..

weeble
10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm laughing really - living in a semi-arid part of the country and I see the forecast and think nah, it won't materialize, and even if it does it's more than 12 hours out... and it's not just a little rain that showed up early, it's a good soaker!

I just get too excited and impatient sometimes with new stuff. Glad to hear it's not going to slough off and mess up my trim or something like that. I can live with a do over and actually have fun with it. This stuff is so easy to work with. Sure looked good this morning, too!

weeble
10-06-2009, 05:23 PM
So if I want to get what I was going for, I need to clean this off and start with another sealant base application, is that right? Or can I lay another layer right on top of the one that got damp?

christian900se
10-06-2009, 05:28 PM
You can always go over it with a QD and restore some of the sealant's protection. It would also rejuvenate your "just waxed" look!