PDA

View Full Version : What hendheld spotlight to get?

Pages : [1] 2

A4 1.8tqm
10-04-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm looking for a good "swirl finder"...

I saw a Stanley SL1M09 1M Series Spotlight, it was about $18 at Walmart. It has a single quartz halogen bulb. Has anyone used this light?

Should I go for the Brinkmann Maxfire Dual Xenon? I've seen that light around here in the background of peoples pics.

Any other suggestions for a good swirl finder? Under $50 please. TIA

Feed back please

ScottB
10-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Brinkmann Dual Xenon ...

Jimmie
10-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Brinkmann Dual Xenon ...

:iagree: and if you shop around you should find one for less than the $18. Some "Tuesday Morning" stores used to carry them.

cjsls
10-04-2009, 06:50 PM
:iagree: and if you shop around you should find one for less than the $18. Some "Tuesday Morning" stores used to carry them.

thanks!! i'm gonna have to check them out. i've been to a couple wally worlds already and pep boys and i can't find the maxfire dx

Emile
10-04-2009, 07:09 PM
While Halogens can get you a lot of
illumination and for cheap, fluorescents are
the most ruthless for finding scratches and swirls.

A4 1.8tqm
10-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Thanks guy's, Brinkmann dual xenon it is. :cheers:

agpatel
10-05-2009, 01:03 AM
90+ Lm LED light will show imperfections like no other. On light colored cars, turn the lights off if working in a garage and back light the working space with your LED light or Brickman light, this will help show swirls on light colored cars better.

Dibbuz
10-05-2009, 10:19 AM
I have 2 Brinkmann's. In case 1 get's empty during a detail.

Emile
10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
How is the Brinkmann Dual Xenon at showing squirrels and scratches? I've read here and there from customer reviews that the battery stops holding a charge after a year or so.

I recently purchased a Dorcy 80-lumen LED flashlight that runs for up to 8 hours on 3 AAA batteries which is nice. It's nice for lighting up the interior and to check if wheel barrels are thoroughly cleaned, but it does nothing for swirls.

I also have a Bayco 26-watt fluorescent work light on its way to me. It's a hand-held with a 25-foot cord and has a hanger on the top. I hope that does nicely for swirls because I've always had the best luck with Fluorescents.

Will a 160-lumen (or better) LED flashlight do a nice job for swirls? Or would the Brinkmann Dual Xenon do a better job?

agpatel
10-05-2009, 11:56 AM
How is the Brinkmann Dual Xenon at showing squirrels and scratches? I've read here and there from customer reviews that the battery stops holding a charge after a year or so.

I recently purchased a Dorcy 80-lumen LED flashlight that runs for up to 8 hours on 3 AAA batteries which is nice. It's nice for lighting up the interior and to check if wheel barrels are thoroughly cleaned, but it does nothing for swirls.

I also have a Bayco 26-watt fluorescent work light on its way to me. It's a hand-held with a 25-foot cord and has a hanger on the top. I hope that does nicely for swirls because I've always had the best luck with Fluorescents.

Will a 160-lumen (or better) LED flashlight do a nice job for swirls? Or would the Brinkmann Dual Xenon do a better job?

A 160 Lm LED will show marring like no other, as long as the LED is a single bulb and not multiple you will be good. The LED light I have goes from 8-210 Lm and I use it on 50% and 100% all the time it is great for spotting swirls, holograms, or any marring. Lights work best when you do not have other direct like on it, so best case would be in a dark garage and only light up the area with the LED light this should show it off much better.

Emile
10-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks, agpatel. I just ordered a Brinkmann Dual-Xenon anyways, but I will have to get another Dorcy LED for 160+ Lumens.

I hate that these rechargeable flashlights will overcharge if you leave them plugged in for more than 12 hours.

Emile
10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Hey guys, my Brinkmann Dual Xenon spotlight came in the mail today.

How is this spotlight so bright? I mean they're just Halogen bulbs I think...they're definitely not real Xenon HID's. Why are they even called Xenons?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I've been using the brinman for a quite some time.. I just got the fenix and haven't picked up my brinman since... Fenix is a 240 lumen led tactical flashlight!!

A4 1.8tqm
10-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Emile and MotorCity Honda, Where did you get it and how much?

I've heard a little about these Fenix lights, they look good, what model do you have?

Finemess
10-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Why are they even called Xenons? Its the gas used inside the bulb.