PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique Smells awful in bottle is this Normal

Steven C
10-03-2009, 05:11 PM
I purchased Leatherique for use on my chevy avalance . Opened the bottles and they both smell awful a cross naste cough syrup & Old booze is this normal does the scent change when applied . I couldn't take this smell in my car if it doesn't. Was going to get the Connelly Leather Treatment but Bobby sad that was for there leather and recommend this stuff .I don't dare try this on a customers car before I try it on something I own first.

Feed back please

ScottB
10-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I dont remember the smell as being quite that bad. It should be shaken quite well. Connollys is best used on uncoated leather and has a bit of a chemical smell. Neither linger. Its actually funny that most leather cleaners/conditioners that smell like leather actually have to have the scent added into them. I might suggest Einszett Leather Care for professional business settings.

Steven C
10-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the quik response killer . I have been using Either Adams or Surf City combos but I ran into some real dirty leather in customers cars lately they just weren't cutting it getting the dirt out so I thought I would try something new. Once again thank you Steven

ScottB
10-03-2009, 05:33 PM
Leatherique works well at deep cleaning ...but you need to follow the directions and its quite messy. In personal cars youll use it once annually. I can see where it could be used in a professional setting depending on the dirt on leather and time available under detail to use it properly.

Pinnacle use to make a dedicated leather cleaner that wasnt bad and Connollys cleaner is actually quite nice too. Sometimes a dedicated cleaner then the Leather Conditioner of your choice might be a great two punch combo.

vwgtivw
10-03-2009, 08:48 PM
They don't smell the best in the bottles, but once applied the will give off a slight leather smell. Like killer said it a once a year or only on really dirty or stiff leather. I maintain my leather with PB's Leather Stuff then clean once a year with Leatherquie, but FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

DARK HORSE
10-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Pinnacle leather cleaner and Wolfgang leather condtioner are both BOGO items this time around. I just ordered some to give 'em a try..

Matt
10-04-2009, 04:47 AM
Haha old booze!

Even if you decide not to use Leatherique on your customers cars, I think that using leatherique at least once or twice a year is wonderful for your leather. You can get deep into it and really preserve it then use your less intense leather conditioner every week or couple of weeks.

Just my 2c :props:

Steven C
10-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the help guys