PDA

View Full Version : 08 G37 with soft paint

badhemi
10-02-2009, 03:04 PM
does the brand of sealer on this soft paint make a difference?

Rsurfer
10-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Sealer's and waxes doesn't matter if it's over soft or hard paint. Only polishes would be affected by the hardness or softness of the clear coat.

RaskyR1
10-02-2009, 03:16 PM

If you have soft paint that marrs and scratches easily I feel it's best to put on a sealant that leaves the paint very slick. That way when you are washing and drying there is less chance of inducing marring....at least that's how I feel.

Any sealant will be fine, by something like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Selant will leave the finish nice and slick, plus it easy to use and looks great! :props:

NotZeroSix
10-02-2009, 03:28 PM
+1

Also, I heard that infiniti has a new clear coat that fixes its scratches and tends to be "sticky." It is very hard to work with and makes correcting take a longer approach.

badhemi
10-02-2009, 03:32 PM
the soft paint had me cautious as what can be done with it. i've received the car back to do again (only used a polisher) an has many light scratches (it was perfect when finished the first time). the owner has asked about the sealer i used (klassie) and wanted to know if the was something better. i'm still learning about this new type of paint. to date i've done about 200 details and am thankfull i can come here and get answers to some of the tough questions. thanks for the replies.

loudog2
10-02-2009, 03:45 PM
I use wolfgangs DGPS on mine, then I top it w/a nuba.