PDA

View Full Version : Products Order

isiarj20
10-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi, i have now only a shape of wax from a month, i have some soft swirls, i buyed mothers pre-wax cleaner, mothers clay bar, meguiars swirl-x, mothers gold car wash, mothers fx synwax, mothers advanced car wax, and many others, i think that the correct order is:

0.- Clean the wheels
1.- clean the car with mothers gold car wash
2.- use of a claybar
3.- Mothers pre-wax cleaner
4.- Meguiars swirl-x
5.- Mothers fx synwax
6.- mothers advanced car wax
7.- Clean the glasses then the interior.

Is this order correct? Thank you!

A4 1.8tqm
10-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Use the pre-wax cleaner after your polish step and I always leave glass for the very last step.

isiarj20
10-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Ok, then you think that the correct order is:

0.- Clean the wheels
1.- clean the car with mothers gold car wash
2.- use of a claybar
3.- Meguiars swirl-x
4.- Mothers pre-wax cleaner
5.- Mothers fx synwax
6.- Mothers advanced car wax
7.- The interior
8.- The Glasses

???? Thank you for all

Bunky
10-02-2009, 03:10 PM
If you are going to use the swirl X you do not need to use the Mothers pre-wax cleaner.

Are you topping SynWax with Reflections Car Wax or Reflections Top Coat? Topping Synwax is Reflections Car Wax is somewhat redundant -- use one or the other. However, if you are using Top Coat then it works since Top Coat has no cleaners as intended a LSP.

isiarj20
10-03-2009, 07:36 AM
But synwax is syntetic=sealant, no? and reflections wax is natural wax.

Bunky
10-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Synwax and the Reflections are both synthetic so they are often called sealants. Both have light cleaners. Reflections Top Coat is a synthetic/carnauba blend without any cleaners.

DARK HORSE
10-03-2009, 10:40 AM
You do not need to use Swirl X and Mothers Pre-wax cleaner both, only one or the other as they both do essentially the same thing!! What Bunky said!! Here are a couple of links you may want to look at... Shine On!!!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/20818-pinnacle-paint-cleansing-lotion-vs-swirl-x.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/20945-pinnacle-pcl-vs-swirlx-follow-up-update.html