PDA

View Full Version : Tornador Cleaning Tool

Pages : [1] 2

SRHTX
10-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey Everyone,

I would like to see how many of you have, and use, the Tornador? I just ordered one today. From what I can tell, it will help save a butt load of interior detailing time. Does it really clean the steering wheel more quickly that anything else?

Please let me know what you use the Tornador on. Feed back please

Stephen

vwgtivw
10-01-2009, 01:27 PM
I would like some more info too. As I do a lot of used car details and the interior (dash,console and door panels) is always trashed.

sullysdetailing
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I would love some more info on this product to. I use Griot Interior Cleaner now. It works great. But anything that save me time is a plus.

ryandamartini
10-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I had one when I worked for this guy here in tallahassee. We had the interior one, and it was spiffy as hell. Mix in some meguiars APC+ and the way it cleans out cracks and it really gets into the vinyl.

Good Stuff!

DonMTV
10-01-2009, 02:03 PM
These were on VIP recently. I didn't really know what they were. Then I saw a video on it and it looked quite interesting. Love to see more info from people who use it.

SRHTX
10-01-2009, 03:36 PM
I had one when I worked for this guy here in tallahassee. We had the interior one, and it was spiffy as hell. Mix in some meguiars APC+ and the way it cleans out cracks and it really gets into the vinyl.

Good Stuff!

Ryan,

How much Meguiars did you add to the water? I know you do not want to add much to the mixture since the APC is strong and can mess things up easily, correct?

acc1079
10-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Ryan,

How much Meguiars did you add to the water? I know you do not want to add much to the mixture since the APC is strong and can mess things up easily, correct?

On interior stuff, the recommended dilution is 10:1, which is what I use. It is safe, but has very good cleaning power still.

SRHTX
10-01-2009, 04:07 PM
On interior stuff, the recommended dilution is 10:1, which is what I use. It is safe, but has very good cleaning power still.

Thanks. I just know you have to let it go on AND remove it quicky.

ricks778
10-02-2009, 12:20 AM
I just saw a video of this and I must say it does look very interesting. Has anybody used it on an engine compartment? :autowash:

SRHTX
10-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Well, I'm going to look for a video on the Tornador Foam Gun. I've seen a few of them but, would like to see more. I do not know how well the Foam Gun would work here in Deep South Texas since it's always hot, humid and a vast amount of the time, dry.

I feel having BOTH Tornadors would rock. :dblthumb2:

Now, time to find some more videos on Tornador Foam Gun.

Frank787
10-02-2009, 09:36 AM
I purchased the Tornador Foam Gun used and then converted it over to the Tornador Car Cleaning gun. It's really easy to do and if anybody wants I can write up how to do it. I took pictures as I converted just in case. Parts were around $40 and easy to swap back and forth.

The Foam version creates a very dry foam that seems to be better suited to interior work (IMO) than on the paint. I prefer the Gilmour foam gun for washing due to how much water is mixed into the soap. If you decide to use the Tornador Foam Gun on paint I would say you MUST rinse the car well first then add the foam.

initially I was not very impressed with the Tornador Car Cleaning gun until I was working on a car that had hit a skunk and reeked. I found that using it on the door panels was fantastic. I am not convinced that I would buy either version again.

It's hard to see in the videos but there isn't nearly as much liquid being put out as you would think. I would say imagine a fine mist rather than say a full squirt from a spray bottle and you would have an idea of volume.

Chris27182
10-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I purchased the Tornador Foam Gun used and then converted it over to the Tornador Car Cleaning gun. It's really easy to do and if anybody wants I can write up how to do it. I took pictures as I converted just in case. Parts were around $40 and easy to swap back and forth.

The Foam version creates a very dry foam that seems to be better suited to interior work (IMO) than on the paint. I prefer the Gilmour foam gun for washing due to how much water is mixed into the soap. If you decide to use the Tornador Foam Gun on paint I would say you MUST rinse the car well first then add the foam.

initially I was not very impressed with the Tornador Car Cleaning gun until I was working on a car that had hit a skunk and reeked. I found that using it on the door panels was fantastic. I am not convinced that I would buy either version again.

It's hard to see in the videos but there isn't nearly as much liquid being put out as you would think. I would say imagine a fine mist rather than say a full squirt from a spray bottle and you would have an idea of volume.

:iagree: I had the same problem with the Foam Gun, its not a good tool for doing the outside since it is a dry foam and it was useless to me for the inside cause I use a carpet extractor I sold it a month ago. The Interior one looked interesting but it seem like a product I could live without.

ryandamartini
10-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Ryan,

THe exact mixture eludes me at the moment, but usually it was very low. 10-11+:1 Regardless when using it, I always wore a mask. It is a cool product and just leaves a look to vinyl that is nice. It really comes through in blasting out cracks. It is also nice for treating carpets to use the extractor on as well if you want a nice even spread of apc on the carpets.

alexjn1
10-02-2009, 12:03 PM
I have one and love it.

I do not use it all the time when I am simply doing a quick clean inside my truck.

It really shines on nooks and crannies however and I have no regrets buying it. I use Megs APC 10:1 ratio.

SRHTX
10-20-2009, 06:27 PM
:wow: My bad. I forgot that I posted this question. lol

Well, my friends body shop contacted me today since they have a client who wants the interior detailed on his Ford Ranger. They wanted me to go by the body shop today and I advised them that I was not able to go since the doc said NO DRIVING ANY VEHICLES TODAY since he had to put me to sleep for about an hour to check on my Trach to find out what is causing problems to swallow heavy food. Al he could do, while I was night night, was streach it out some.

Anyways, that was WAY :offtopic:. I will pick up the Ranger early tomorrow morning. Take pics of the interior BEFORE and AFTER when the job is done. I just hope the interior does not look too bad. lol

I will keep ya posted with pics. :hungry: wish I could eat. ugh