PDA

View Full Version : Now what?

Ginny
09-25-2006, 09:01 AM
I've had my new Audi A6 for a few weeks.... I'm interested in using Wolfgang sealant on my car. Should I use the pre-wax polish enhancer before the sealant? Is it's main purpose to remove any car wax?

Does anyone have opinions about Wolfgang vs. Klasse sealant? I'm new at car care and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feed back please

Tex Star Detail
09-25-2006, 09:07 AM
I have not used either products, so I cannot comment.

I can however, say welcome to AGO!!!!

OCDetails
09-25-2006, 09:09 AM
I'm a big fan of both products, but for appearance and ease of use I would choose Wolfgang. Klasse is a bit tricker to use, even though durability is a bit better. However, most people don't just wait for the product to wear off before applying another coat, so if you were to put a coat of Wolfgang on the car every 8 or 10 weeks then your durability would be fine.

The purpose of the pre-wax is to remove surface oils and contamination that washing alone doesn't remove. Consider it as a primer for the sealant. I have used Wolfgang on brand new cars before (including my own) and I would always suggest using the pre-wax first. The sealant is much easier to apply when the surface has been properly preped.

Craig
09-25-2006, 09:28 AM
I second Wolfgang. It's super easy to use. Use a polish before your sealant,
you won't be sorry. You might want to clay before the polishing also. I have some Klasse on order, never used it so I can't comment. Are you doing it by hand or machine?

supercharged
09-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is one of a kind - super easy to use products. Be sure to work in a shade on a cool surface. As for pre wax cleaner, yes, you need that too. Depending on climate you live in, how much you drive your vehicle, and if it's garaged, expected durability should be from 7-9 weeks.

By the way, how do you like your A6? I was concidering it when I bought my RL. Wanted A6 or RL.

Ginny
09-25-2006, 02:44 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is one of a kind - super easy to use products. Be sure to work in a shade on a cool surface. As for pre wax cleaner, yes, you need that too. Depending on climate you live in, how much you drive your vehicle, and if it's garaged, expected durability should be from 7-9 weeks.

By the way, how do you like your A6? I was concidering it when I bought my RL. Wanted A6 or RL.

I love it. The interior is extremely well thought out. My only gripe is road noise. I think they might have skimped on the sound deadening. The A6 is a keeper.

How do you like the RL? I also condsidered it.

Thanks for your input. Sounds like Wolfgang gets my vote.

supercharged
09-25-2006, 03:52 PM
When I love looking for a can I only wanted all wheel drive. Other drive trains were out of question. This one was the only one Niello Acura had 1 year used, and being 10k off MSRP I decided to get it. Speaking of road noise I have very little, and it doesn't bother me for the handling I get. I was also looking at A8, but it's way too expensive, although is very nice. I love air suspesion - meaning no more bumps.
I gonna try to post some pictures of my RL, last time for some reason it wouldn't want to load them in a gallery. Could this be because pictures are 3.5 mb each? Should they be resized? And what do you guys use to resize them? :confused:

Ginny
09-25-2006, 04:03 PM
This is my first day as a member, and I'm already glad I found this forum. Thank you all for the advice.

supercharged
09-25-2006, 04:25 PM
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/linie/smiley-linie-010.gif

sparkie
09-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Welcome newbe!! You will love it here. Never use Wolfgang products, give me time I will!:D

I do use Klasse sealants (great stuff), and like OCDetail said It's tricky, it is.
I like to top it with wax.http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1916_68698083

FloridaNative
09-25-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm a big fan of both products, but for appearance and ease of use I would choose Wolfgang. Klasse is a bit tricker to use, even though durability is a bit better. However, most people don't just wait for the product to wear off before applying another coat, so if you were to put a coat of Wolfgang on the car every 8 or 10 weeks then your durability would be fine.

The purpose of the pre-wax is to remove surface oils and contamination that washing alone doesn't remove. Consider it as a primer for the sealant. I have used Wolfgang on brand new cars before (including my own) and I would always suggest using the pre-wax first. The sealant is much easier to apply when the surface has been properly preped.

:iagree: clay, then clean the paint and lastly seal. Wolfgang is the bomb. You won't be dissappointed. Make sure to apply 2 layers (12 hours apart) for even coverage and then stand back and enjoy it! :) Please post some pics of your work so we can enjoy it with you. Welcome to our little family. We're glad you've joined us. :) :cheers:

supercharged
09-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Liquid Souveran and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant are like brother and sister. Both are very easy to use. I bet they both have the same polymers.

justin_murphy
09-25-2006, 05:03 PM
So is 12 hours the cure time for WG?

supercharged
09-25-2006, 05:09 PM
That's right. 12 hours in absolutely dry conditions.

FloridaNative
09-25-2006, 05:10 PM
So is 12 hours the cure time for WG?
Yep! Only 12 hours cure time for both Wolfgang and DP sealants. :D It's nice to see you Justin. :)