PDA

View Full Version : sloppy left overs in the creases... ###???

great2c4me
10-01-2009, 12:42 AM
well, the real question is to do or not to do.
I'd like to help out, but I can't imagine how long it may take me to clean up this mess.
Here's what I got. `08 4Runner, paste wax ran over all the tight creases like the hood scoop, mud guards, edges of the vinyl protectors, and several of the poris areas all the rubber seals on the front hood & windows, the factory powder coated nerf bars & roof rack.
So obviously the specially trained 'fabulous freddies' kid did another fabulous job. Though, I have never tried it, I've heard that the cottonseed oil in peanut butter removes that paste wax from poris areas. but then I guess the other tight creases can be tackled with a tooth pick and micro fiber towel. maybe 30 minutes of work.

so is that the most effective way remove that junk? I've never caused a problem like this cause I learned to do it right before I actually started doing it.

DLB
10-01-2009, 07:28 AM
I have used a pressure washer in the past with success. Just be careful around thin paint edges.

DLB

gottakeepon
10-01-2009, 12:13 PM
What I use for situations like that is Meguires apc, and a swissvax boars hair brush.

Blackthorn One
10-01-2009, 06:09 PM
The solvents in liquid cleaner wax usually work pretty well.