PDA

View Full Version : optimum opinions

KyCatFan
09-30-2009, 06:07 PM
I just recieved Poli seal, opti seal, OCW, and OID. I have and love ONR, it is my favorite product period! Whats everyones thoughts on these products? Has anyone used the poli seal, opti seal, Ocw combo on black? My paint is in great shape, just polished it a couple of months ago. I probally wont be able to use them for a couple of weeks so I thought I would ask to see what everybody thought of these products. I guess I will polish with poli seal, then apply opti seal, and then top with Ocw. Is this what you all would recommend?Feed back please

CharlesW
09-30-2009, 08:18 PM
A pretty normal maintenance detail for me includes polishing with Pol-Seal and Opti-Seal for my LSP. Take a good look the day after you apply the Opti-Seal. You may decide you don't need to top it with anything.
I have never used Optimum's spray wax or quick detailer.

I do use and like ONR, but I also like DP's Rinseless Wash & Gloss and Protect All's Quick & Easy Wash.
FWIW, I only use the rinseless wash products for rinseless washing. I was not impressed when I used them as a quick detailer.

stevehecht
09-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Another option is to follow the Poli-Seal with OCW, since that contains both carnauba wax and polymer sealants--so it's a wax and a sealant together. Then compare it to a PS w/OS combo and see what you think.

Wendell Jarvis
09-30-2009, 08:50 PM
I do like the Opti-Seal, the other products are somewhere in the middle of the road for me.

nitro78
09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
i love all of their products from top to bottom. but my favorite from that group is ocw.

CEE DOG
09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I have the ONR (for clay lube) and I have the QD. I LOVE the QD! I am looking forward to trying some more Opti products (Opti-seal for one) in the future when I need something.
I'm not big into smells (it's the icing on the cake) if I like it, but that QD is for my nose what a can of pringles is for my mouth!

stevehecht
09-30-2009, 10:30 PM
but that QD is for my nose what a can of pringles is for my mouth!

Are you sniffing that stuff AGAIN?:nomore:

CharlesW
10-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Another option is to follow the Poli-Seal with OCW, since that contains both carnauba wax and polymer sealants--so it's a wax and a sealant together. Then compare it to a PS w/OS combo and see what you think.Some people remove the Poli-Seal residue with OCW. When worked properly for polishing, the Poli-Seal leaves very little residue and you can combine a couple of steps.
I have used Duragloss Aqua Wax in that manner and it seemed to work great. I still followed up with the Opti-Seal since I haven't yet convinced myself as to the durability of the spray waxes.

Jimmie
10-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Poli-Seal is a great AIO. You can add a little Optimum Polish to it to up the cut.

KyCatFan
10-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Is poli-seal as user friendly as KAIO? Poli-seal is the one I am most anxious to give a shot.

CharlesW
10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Is poli-seal as user friendly as KAIO? Poli-seal is the one I am most anxious to give a shot.Basically, yes.
It's hard to find anything more user friendly than KAIO. :)
The Poli-Seal has some abrasive cleaning/polishing power, but it is still pretty mild.
I use it with a PC and a polishing pad as a cleaner prep. I have also read where it has been used by hand with good results.
There are some people that use it as their LSP and seem to be happy with the results.
I have also read where it has been used by hand with good results.
I think you will like it.

While I'm not much of an amateur chemist, I do add 1 oz. of Opti-Seal to a 32 oz. bottle of Poli-Seal. This was a suggestion by Dr. G at Optimum. It is to add to the durability, but since I follow the Poli-Seal with my LSP, (Usually Opti-Seal), I can't comment on how much it may help.

KyCatFan
10-01-2009, 07:00 PM
I have heard that also about adding the opti-seal to the poli-seal. Thanks for the info!:dblthumb2: