PDA

View Full Version : How do I post resized pictures

DARK HORSE
09-29-2009, 10:32 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/755/medium/IMG_01922.JPG

I've noticed that several of you have posted full or resized pictures that appear to be different from the attach files "Manage Attachments" menu below. Can someone please tell me how to do this???

Meghan
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
I resize mine in photoshop.

Nappers
09-29-2009, 11:05 AM
I upload pictures of less than 800X600 pixels and post them from my albums....

I take my pictures on 5mp then resize, upload and select the pictures I want to use and use the direct link and use the photo button in the reply.....

I also make an album for each catagory. I have an album for misc stuff, albums for detail jobs (car-date) so I can easily find them and number the pictures in order so it's easy to post them.

Later this week if the brass wants me to, I can do a tutorial on how to post pictures using the easiest ways to do so....Paint to resize (usually everyone has paint) and upload and post. I'm at work and can't do it right now.....

Hopefully that's clear as mud!

CTS-Veo
09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
If you register at any of the free photo hosting websites (photobucket.com, snapfish.com etc.) and you can upload pictures from your computer to the website. Once you upload your pictures there will be a URL that you can copy, and paste into your post here. As long as the URL has a [IMG\] (or something like that) at the begining and end, the picture will appear in your post.

DLB
09-29-2009, 11:35 AM
If you register at any of the free photo hosting websites (photobucket.com, snapfish.com etc.) and you can upload pictures from your computer to the website. Once you upload your pictures there will be a URL that you can copy, and paste into your post here. As long as the URL has a [IMG] (or something like that) at the begining and end, the picture will appear in your post.
I will either do that (with Photobucket) or just host them on my own webspace and post the img link like he said.

DLB

Nappers
09-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I like to upload to the forum as it stays with the forum. Often times someone closes their photobucket and we get the red X and can't see someone's prior work.....IMHO anyways.....

I do have photobucket for those sites who don't have a gallery. I delete my pictures once I upload as my computer is old and only 40GB with about 12GB in music.....

Laura
09-29-2009, 04:38 PM
I like to upload to the forum as it stays with the forum. Often times someone closes their photobucket and we get the red X and can't see someone's prior work.....IMHO anyways.....

I do have photobucket for those sites who don't have a gallery. I delete my pictures once I upload as my computer is old and only 40GB with about 12GB in music.....

Along this same line, how do you delete a picture you've uploaded to the forum? I have several duplicates in my gallery that I've uploaded trying to get to the right size. I'd like to delete some of them, but can't figure out how.

Nappers
09-29-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't see a delete option under the edit photo, some forums view a photo uploaded as their property.....

DARK HORSE
09-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Still clear as mud. I can attach pictures using "the manage attachments" button below; but I would like to know how to insert a full size photo in the text box without it being an attachment..:nomore:

DARK HORSE
09-29-2009, 10:34 PM
I think I have success!!:xyxthumbs:
I am just playing now to see if I have truly succeeded..

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/755/medium/IMG_01922.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_02171.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_02051.JPG

BlackSunshine01
09-30-2009, 02:40 AM
Clean stang! i like the factory installed manhole option. lol

DARK HORSE
09-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Thanks! But the manhole cover option was definitely not installed at the factory. It was an aftermarket option I installed with the help of AG's Max Wax....

Nappers
09-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Very nice reflection! Looks like you got the photo thing down!