PDA

View Full Version : Who needs Optimum Final Finish when you use Polish II?

stevehecht
09-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Somebody please tell me why Final Finish is needed when you can buff the Polish II to look great (or Poli-Seal for that matter). What am I missing?

ryandamartini
09-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Somebody please tell me why Final Finish is needed when you can buff the Polish II to look great (or Poli-Seal for that matter). What am I missing?

While both will finish down well, the Optimum Final Finish while having some small abrasive power does not correct up to the levels of Optimum Polish. I would go with Final Finish on a very lightly swirled vehicle to finish down nicely and OP if the job required not much, but more than a light duty polish.

As far as what your missing, some choose not to have a lsp go with their finish. Certainly while some detailers would use Poly-Seal for a one step, others would want to go for a different LSP.

stevehecht
09-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks Ryan, great response. I'll try out the Final Finish because the product description says it works well with softer paints (and black paint)--which is what I believe describes the paint my black 1990 BMW has. Being a noob at this, I'm not sure what level the swirls are on my car. I wouldn't say they're deep, but I'm not sure they're very light either. I'll start with the OP and see how it goes.

switerajaya
10-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks Ryan, great response. I'll try out the Final Finish because the product description says it works well with softer paints (and black paint)--which is what I believe describes the paint my black 1990 BMW has. Being a noob at this, I'm not sure what level the swirls are on my car. I wouldn't say they're deep, but I'm not sure they're very light either. I'll start with the OP and see how it goes.

Then, how it goes? please let us know how you doin' with it? Feed back please

stevehecht
10-12-2010, 11:30 PM
My '90 bimmer is now swirl free after using the OP II, but no Final Finish. My LSP has been either OCW (Optimum Car Wax), OptiSeal, or Collinite 845 over the past year. I have also clayed the bimmer twice over the past year.

Tomorrow I will be using my new PC7424XP for the first time with Klasse AIO followed by Collinite 845 for my winter coat. The Collinite worked great last winter. My car is not garaged and I live in Massachusetts. (I do have a car cover which I put on before storms.)