PDA

View Full Version : Griots Garage Segment On ShopNBC?

tenorplayer23
09-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Maybe this info. has previously been discussed/posted, but I ran across a Griots Garage programming segment note on ShopNBC, scheduled for 12:00- 1:00AM tonight EDT (technically, 9/29/09). That's different...........sorry if it's redundant to other posted info.

See ya. http://autopia.org/forum/images/smilies/wavey.gif

Rsurfer
09-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Maybe this info. has previously been discussed/posted, but I ran across a Griots Garage programming segment note on ShopNBC, scheduled for 12:00- 1:00AM tonight EDT (technically, 9/29/09). That's different...........sorry if it's redundant to other posted info.

Just watched it and didn't really learn anything, but it was better than watching Dancing with the Stars.:bash:by wife.

Going Mobile
09-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Just watched it and didn't really learn anything, but it was better than watching Dancing with the Stars.:bash:by wife.
+1! LOL. They seem to be selling "kits" and not individual products. It's also a good idea to closely watch ShopNBC's prices, they're not always the "deal" they claim they are.:cool:

tenorplayer23
09-29-2009, 01:37 AM
+1+1

Definitely have to watch the prices @ ShopNBC. A lot of blah, blah, blah.......so funny sometimes with other items they sell. Entertaining........amazing how you can stretch the description of a watch band to fill a 15-30 min. segment. :) :)

Tonight, they offered some Griot things bundled together in slightly different packages to discriminate from their own on-line business & other resellers. Shipping looked the same. Nothing remarkable......but, an interesting outlet to reach more people & expand knowledge of the brand. Have to be some pretty good margins in their stuff to afford "tv".

I'm intrigued by their strategy..........wonder if this is better (or not) for their brand vs. their bottom line? The customers they are accessing with ShopNBC are undoubtedly different (and in addition to) their traditional market base. So, likely a +NPV proposition.

BTW, anybody know if this is a recent Griots action or have they done cable tv shopping before?

+1! LOL. They seem to be selling "kits" and not individual products. It's also a good idea to closely watch ShopNBC's prices, they're not always the "deal" they claim they are.:cool:

Gunslinger
09-29-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm not aware of Griot's marketing through this venue before, but it seems a way to increase their market share by advancing their name and products through a different source than traditional auto magazines, catalogs, etc.

There are many, many devotees of companies like QVC, etc., that shop from home. This seems merely another way of making people aware of Griot's products and servicing the market.

Jennifer1784
09-29-2009, 11:56 AM
BTW, anybody know if this is a recent Griots action or have they done cable tv shopping before?

ShopNBC is a new thing for Griot's. I think it is a great way to reach customers in a new way. :xyxthumbs: