PDA

View Full Version : Plexus Microfiber towel shedding

CEE DOG
09-27-2009, 12:29 PM
When I recevied my plexus it came with an orange microfiber towel.
The first 2 times I use my Plexus I spent more than an hour 85% of it trying to get the fibers off. This last time I used it I was having the same problems even worse. I thought it was the Plexus but during this last time I decided to use my indigo polishing cloth instead. This worked great! No problems at all.
Questions:
1.- Has everybody else had this same problem with the provided orange cloth?
2.-Will using my polishing cloth remove the product without allowing it to seal properly?
3.-What do you guys use for your applicator?
4.-What did you end up using that orange towel for?

Unless I'm doing something wrong I don't think AG should include that orange cloth with the Plexus. maybe a different cloth.
Feed back please

ScottB
09-27-2009, 12:36 PM
never got a towel with Plexus, sounds like an orange multi purpose and maybe lint ??

CEE DOG
09-27-2009, 05:13 PM
never got a towel with Plexus, sounds like an orange multi purpose and maybe lint ??

Yes, very very small thin lint like fibers.
Originally I thought it was specific for plastic polish but now I think you're right.
It's an 80/20 mf, made in china, very thin.

See pic.

ScottB
09-28-2009, 04:28 PM
I like to use the Grey Supremes or Purple Jrs with Plexus and DP Plex All...

67Customs
09-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I didn't get a towel with mine either.

CEE DOG
09-28-2009, 08:00 PM
I like to use the Grey Supremes or Purple Jrs with Plexus and DP Plex All...
Do you think using these buff type towels vs. the polishing type towels like the indigo have an effect on the amount of protection you end up with? The indigo works well for me. I tried the grey supreme first and it seemed to lint just slightly.

ryandamartini
09-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Do you think using these buff type towels vs. the polishing type towels like the indigo have an effect on the amount of protection you end up with? The indigo works well for me. I tried the grey supreme first and it seemed to lint just slightly.

I would think try to stick with the indigo. I think why it works well for you is the way the fibers are sewn into the towel. there are no loose ends to speak of.

ScottB
09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Indigos have a small nap and removes polish and waxes. Likely helping remove excess Plexus too. I would use whatever you find works best.

And yes Ryan ... I have a couple bins of MF towels. Purely for testing purposes, or so I tell the wife.

Changing subject for but a moment --- if either of you find the ICE MF towels locally, grab a set and tell me your thoughts. They are teal on one side and grey on another. For OTC they are quite nice IMO.

CEE DOG
09-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Indigos have a small nap and removes polish and waxes. Likely helping remove excess Plexus too. I would use whatever you find works best.

And yes Ryan ... I have a couple bins of MF towels. Purely for testing purposes, or so I tell the wife.

Changing subject for but a moment --- if either of you find the ICE MF towels locally, grab a set and tell me your thoughts. They are teal on one side and grey on another. For OTC they are quite nice IMO.

This was exactly my thought! (and fear). I was going to stick with the indigo cause it worked so well but there was no telling if I am removing the plexus. I think I will go back to the grey supremes (the short nap side) and if I get any lint I will wait about 24 hours and remove with my indigo!
Thanks for the help guys!

I'll keep my eyes out for the ICE MF

CEE DOG
03-05-2010, 09:18 AM
Just to update I did move excusively to using the indigos for my plexus application...

ScottB
03-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Just to update I did move excusively to using the indigos for my plexus application...

I used the white edgeless recently and impressed. Its seems to be a very close cousin of the Indigo just in a different color. I noticed no scratching and it seems to remove the excess faster too.