PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from someone near Los Angeles....

Laura
09-26-2009, 03:15 PM
I hope I'm not breaking some kind of internet rule by doing this, but sometimes my two virtual worlds come so close together that it only seems fitting to merge them. Below is a posting from another forum that I'm a member of that's specific to my car (Audi A5/S5). It is very international and most topics are about the car itself - performance, mods, etc. Most of the responses that this has gotten so far are just people from various countries telling the guy not to run it through a car wash. It's probably not likely that he'll get an answer to his question. So, assuming it's okay to do this, if anyone lives/works somewhere around Los Angeles or knows of someone who does, you can PM me the contact info and I'll pass it on.

Hi,
Been reading a lot of nightmare stories about people getting their cars scratched after taking it to the car wash. Everytime I see a high-end car that
is immaculately clean and shiny I wonder where people take their cars for a wash/detail. I'm afraid of taking my A5 to just any car wash in town.
For those of you who live is So Cal -where do take your car??????

ScottB
09-26-2009, 03:28 PM
I dont care the type of car, car washes in general are a no-no. That said I might use one of those coin operated spray booths as need in water restrictions. Problem I see with car washes in general, they often are not maintained properly and most see very dirty cars with contaminents that might have just been washed off prior to your car.

Find a local detailer , or get creative. Sometimes a late night wash or those booths outside of normal hours can provide all the time you need to bucket wash and control the outcome better.