PDA

View Full Version : Chemical dilution help needed

02nissanISR
09-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Got the megs APC+ with the matching bottle but not sure how to properly dilute. there are markings on the side but, maybe i'm just over thinking it here, i just don't get it and i don't want to do it wrong and mess something up by mixing it wrong. i also got one of the portioners for gallon jugs if anyone has some tips for that as well thanks :xyxthumbs: Feed back please

Nappers
09-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Fill bottle with water to desired ratio. Then top off with product to the first ring just above the label for correct dilution.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/717/apc.jpg

All of the Meguiar's bottles mix this way I believe.

02nissanISR
09-25-2009, 01:58 PM
WOW you could not have made that any easier to understand thanks a lot nappers you are the man. thank for going the extra mile with the pic that was awesome:dblthumb2:

A4 1.8tqm
10-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Excellent explanation, that helped me and I'm sure many others. But now I need to mix some ONR as a QD. I have a 32 fl. oz. spray bottle w/o dilution ratio marks. So the ONR label says 8oz per gallon for QD, what is the correct amount of ONR? If the 32 oz. bottle is 1/4 of a gallon I figure 2 oz. ONR and add water to the fill line? TIA :cheers:

I just noticed that the description for ONR in the AGO store says 6oz per gallon for QD. I guess it probably doesn't matter too much, I just want it mixed right.

Emile
10-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Do you have any measuring cups? If you can measure out the 2oz fairly accurately, you can just fill up the rest with water. ONR is quite flexible if you use a little more or a little less, or if you use more or less water than what is recommended.

I usually just take a 32oz bottle, measure out 2oz of ONR and fill the rest of the bottle with water until I get to almost the top.

Nappers, that is a great picture you posted. I have four Meguiar's bottles (2 of APC+ and 2 of Super Degreaser) and I could never figure out exactly where the fill line is so I just end up using my measuring cups. Thanks for posting that.

A4 1.8tqm
10-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks Emile, I figured it wouldn't matter to much. Mostly I wanted to know if my logic was correct LOL.

I have 4 of the 3oz measuring cups that come w/ DP MF cleaner (good 'ol BOGO :) )

Perfect! Did my first ONR wash yesterday. It'll take some getting used to, (the feel reminds me a little of CG wash and clear. not slimy like the description in "the definitive ONR thread") but between my gravel driveway and all the road work going on in my area a fresh wash/wax doesn't last long. The QD mix made quick work of the light dust on the trunk face and rear bumper. :cheers:

Nappers
10-03-2009, 10:35 PM
That is how I figure it, my math is a little rusty.....15:1 dilution ratio according to the chart.

I mix all my Meguiar's Detailer Line (except window cleaner) at a 7:1 ratio (in between 4:1 and 10:1, not too strong, not too weak), I fill the bottle to the "fill" ring (just above the label on picture), then top off with product to the first ring or so on the neck, giving me 32oz of product. It's 28oz when filling per Meguiar's, that 4oz comes in handy. I just ordered a six pack of bottles and have backups to all my stuff except window cleaner. It's pretty handy, just swap the sprayer to new bottle and refill the empty one!

This chart (although swap the numbers on the ratio) I got from a member on MOL shows some good dilutions ratios and is pretty handy!
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/717/medium/dilution_chart.jpg