PDA

View Full Version : What to use on what?

Lee74C3
09-25-2009, 11:28 AM
I have a garage full of assorted detailing products that I have used over the years. I need to clean house and want to focus in on one brand of products. Based on my research, I am favoring Menzerna product lines. The dilemma is the broad range of vehicles in the household. Here is the list:
2009 MY Chevrolet Malibu LTZ - White (My wife's car - mostly weekend use). Car is new and garaged.
2003 Chevrolet S10 Ext Cab - Dark Blue (My daily driver). Has swirls and some scratches the result of a hard life of college student use moving into dorms or apartments. Some scratches are deep. I'm not making any repairs. I just like to keep it looking clean. Garage kept.
2004 Audi A4 - Black (My son's car) which is kept in a car port ast his apartment. Car is nice but has seen considerable car wash brush marks.
1974 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - Medium Red Matallic. This car is in excellent condition. Car was stripped and repainted (original color) almost 20 years ago with base coat/clear coat. The front of the car was painted again 2 years ago to fix stone chips and some stress cracks on front bumper (flexible).
(I sold the 1967 Corvette in the photo a few weeks ago)
I do use a Porter Cable DA polisher that probably needs new pads. After claying, I suspect I may need to start with Intensive Polish - PO91E on the S10 and Audi followed by Final Polish ll - PO87MC. Finishing Touch Glaze - PO115C looks like the place to start on the Corvette. I want to use FMJ to finish all the cars.

Is there any way to reduce the number of products here? Is the High Gloss Acrylic Shield necessary? Last, I have seen other posts reference topping with Collinite? Is that necessary with Menserna products?

The S10 Audi both need to sustain Michigan winters. The Malibu is used occasionaly in inclement weather. The Corvette only sees dry roads. A liite bit of advice and feedback would be appreciated.