PDA

View Full Version : Detailing abused vehicle?

CEE DOG
09-23-2009, 07:23 PM
As you all know I have been taking great care of Skybaby since I bought her but now I am starting to get my old 99 and 97 Saturn SL's cleaned up. I've started on the interiors and I will be moving to the exteriors asap. This is quite a job as they have been abused for years. I bought them used with many miles on them and only took care of their engines all these years. Let the paint to suffer... They have been driven through a gas station car wash a couple time over the years but that's it. Now I just can't stand to see them like that.
Anyway what do you guys do for your first step when you have a situation like this? I am thinking I will run them through the car wash and then scrub them with dawn and an old microfiber mitt to get them cleaned up. Should i use some kind of stronger chemical on them to help get all this crap off?
Once I get them all cleaned up and clayed I am going to purcahse a Porter Cable 7424XP and get lots of practice on these 2 guinea pigs!

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
09-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Don't run them through anymore car washes and stay away from Dawn. You should get a good quality car wash soap and hand wash it. If you want to get it looking good again, you will need to purchase the PC, some pads and some polish and go to town. Don't worry though, the PC can't hurt anything. :)