PDA

View Full Version : AutogeekOnline

Pages : [1] 2

Meghan
09-23-2009, 03:40 PM
I want to take a little time out to address some recent activity on the forum and update you. We have a few members who are here promoting products for other companies, which is a violation of our forum rules: :rulez:

“On our Autogeekonline forums, we are here to learn and have fun. Our forum is a friendly environment, so please make your posts accordingly, and keep your avatar/signature friendly. Foul language, attacking others, personal threats, inappropriate images/links, etc. will NOT be tolerated.

Spam / unsolicited communication is prohibited, and will result in termination of membership privileges.

Respect must always be shown to ALL members. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Product discussion and support should be to products we carry and sell on Autogeek.net, BikeDepot.net, PinnacleWax.com, WolfgangCarCare.com, and Diamondite.com.

Now let's kick back and discuss what we all love - clean vehicles and detailing!” :pc7424:

The AutogeekOnline.net forum was created as a resource for Autogeek customers to share reviews, ask questions, and learn more about the products sold at Autogeek.net. It takes a lot of resources to maintain a forum and it's not here as a free advertising tool for other companies. We do allow a bit of about products we do not carry as long as it is not being abused. The moment a product is shilling (an employee/interested party of a company may praise the product discussion forum or group in order to generate interest in that product) on our forum we will take action to enforce our rules.
We welcome honest discussion about the extensive selection of products we carry at Autogeek.net, which isn't too shabby. There are a lot of choices!

Having recently hired Mike Phillips, formerly of Meguiar's, we have a valuable resource. He is able to provide excellent in-depth information on Meguiar's, which is a very popular product line. At this early stage, Mike is familiarizing himself with our large selection of products, and he has a pretty big to-do list! We are very lucky to have the expert on Meguiars products in house and we look forward to him becoming an expert on all other lines we offer.

I plan to moderate and run the forum as always but now I just have some help provided by Mike Phillips with a lot of the technical questions. As forums grow so must the staff that moderates it. As always I am open to suggestions and comments to what you feel can make the forum a better place to learn and grow your detailing skills. My email is Meghan@Autogeek.net (Meghan@Autogeek.net) or my direct ext is 207 (800-869-3011) if you would like to call. I consider this forum to be a place to learn, have some fun and grow into better detailers.

Thanks for reading. :grouphug:

Nappers
09-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Nothing like a snap of a MicroFiber towel on the fanny from the Boss!

acc1079
09-23-2009, 04:22 PM
As long as its a Cobra, Carrand, Meguiars, or Griots MF towel nappers!!! :D :D

Garry Dean
09-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I want to take a little time out to address some recent activity on the forum and update you. We have a few members who are here promoting products for other companies, which is a violation of our forum rules: :rulez:

“On our Autogeekonline forums, we are here to learn and have fun. Our forum is a friendly environment, so please make your posts accordingly, and keep your avatar/signature friendly. Foul language, attacking others, personal threats, inappropriate images/links, etc. will NOT be tolerated.

Spam / unsolicited communication is prohibited, and will result in termination of membership privileges.

Respect must always be shown to ALL members. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Product discussion and support should be to products we carry and sell on Autogeek.net, BikeDepot.net, PinnacleWax.com, WolfgangCarCare.com, and Diamondite.com.

Now let's kick back and discuss what we all love - clean vehicles and detailing!” :pc7424:

The AutogeekOnline.net forum was created as a resource for Autogeek customers to share reviews, ask questions, and learn more about the products sold at Autogeek.net. It takes a lot of resources to maintain a forum and it's not here as a free advertising tool for other companies. We do allow a bit of about products we do not carry as long as it is not being abused. The moment a product is shilling (an employee/interested party of a company may praise the product discussion forum or group in order to generate interest in that product) on our forum we will take action to enforce our rules.
We welcome honest discussion about the extensive selection of products we carry at Autogeek.net, which isn't too shabby. There are a lot of choices!

Having recently hired Mike Phillips, formerly of Meguiar's, we have a valuable resource. He is able to provide excellent in-depth information on Meguiar's, which is a very popular product line. At this early stage, Mike is familiarizing himself with our large selection of products, and he has a pretty big to-do list! We are very lucky to have the expert on Meguiars products in house and we look forward to him becoming an expert on all other lines we offer.

I plan to moderate and run the forum as always but now I just have some help provided by Mike Phillips with a lot of the technical questions. As forums grow so must the staff that moderates it. As always I am open to suggestions and comments to what you feel can make the forum a better place to learn and grow your detailing skills. My email is Meghan@Autogeek.net (Meghan@Autogeek.net) or my direct ext is 207 (800-869-3011) if you would like to call. I consider this forum to be a place to learn, have some fun and grow into better detailers.

Thanks for reading. :grouphug:

Right on!

jwellsii
09-23-2009, 07:32 PM
:iagree::nomore::dblthumb2:

Thanks for this GREAT place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John
:autowash:

AeroCleanse
09-23-2009, 08:15 PM
The only issue I have with this, how do we keep up with all the products AutoGeek.net sells?? :-)

loudog2
09-23-2009, 08:22 PM
The only issue I have with this, how do we keep up with all the products AutoGeek.net sells?? :-)
Basically, don't mention chemical guys, Zaino, swissvax or pakshak and your good:props:

ASPHALT ROCKET
09-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Basically, don't mention chemical guys, Zaino, swissvax or pakshak and your good:props:

Louie, you should be o.k. to mention Pakshak. They do sell AG products. I really don't think Meghan will mind that.

Nappers
09-23-2009, 11:55 PM

Not to be a smart aleck, but cruise the store and I cruise the "By Brand" section and see what they have.....

agpatel
09-24-2009, 01:12 AM
Not to be a smart aleck, but cruise the store and I cruise the "By Brand" section and see what they have.....

I think he was being sarcastic, haha. It does not convey very easily over the interweb.

Gary Sword
09-24-2009, 05:24 AM
Meghan, what's your take on posting a detail where both products AG carry's and does not carry are used?

Meghan
09-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Meghan, what's your take on posting a detail where both products AG carry's and does not carry are used?

Just to clear it up... We do not have a problem with a review being posted with mention of products we don't sell as long as you are not pushing those products with a hidden agenda. And as long as they are mentioned with other products we do carry. Point is unfortunately people abuse the system and have an ulterior motives when posting here and luckily it is a very small percentage, meaing it really doesn't apply to most of you here. But the issue needed to be address before it got out of hand. Thank you all for understanding. :kiss:

akimel
09-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Meghan, I certainly support AG's right to protect their website. It's their website, after all. I do not recall any recent threads where I thought an individual was inappropriately pushing a product that is not sold by AG, but perhaps I missed them. And if any individuals have been systematically abusing the private messaging system, then they need to be warned or disciplined.

But what I do not understand is why AG has suddenly started to asterisk-out one specific brand name and to do so without explanation. This practice treats us like children, not adults. Moreover, the strategy seems counter-productive. It only makes people curious about the taboo product.

Respectfully,
Al Kimel

Tesla
09-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Meghan, I certainly support AG's right to protect their website. It's their website, after all. I do not recall any recent threads where I thought an individual was inappropriately pushing a product that is not sold by AG, but perhaps I missed them. And if any individuals have been systematically abusing the private messaging system, then they need to be warned or disciplined.

But what I do not understand is why AG has suddenly started to asterisk-out one specific brand name and to do so without explanation. This practice treats us like children, not adults. Moreover, the strategy seems counter-productive. It only makes people curious about the taboo product.

Respectfully,
Al Kimel

Al,

I agree 100%. I know that I have posted two very POSITIVE reviews of WG DGPS 3.0 on two competitor sites and the reviews were permitted to stay. I wrote those reviews, not to shill for AG, but to give an honest opinion on a great product.

Likewise, I appreciate when I read about non-AG products here which I can use as a measure of comparison. Even if someone was shilling for a competitor here, it wouldn't change my desire to use products from AG that I like.

What's even more interesting (for me) is that I actually tried (and bought) Zaino on the recommendation of a chap related to Meguiars. He was NOT shilling for Zaino, just offering a truthful opinion. I bought it, liked it and use it, but I would say I still prefer Wolfgang 3.0 for a variety of reasons. Long story short, there is a lot of room in my detailing drawer for various products.

However, singling out one brand seems a bit juvenile to me.

Buckskincolt
09-24-2009, 10:31 AM

Respectfully,
Al Kimel

Al,

I agree 100%. I know that I have posted two very POSITIVE reviews of WG DGPS 3.0 on two competitor sites and the reviews were permitted to stay. I wrote those reviews, not to shill for AG, but to give an honest opinion on a great product.

Likewise, I appreciate when I read about non-AG products here which I can use as a measure of comparison. Even if someone was shilling for a competitor here, it wouldn't change my desire to use products from AG that I like.

What's even more interesting (for me) is that I actually tried (and bought) Zaino on the recommendation of a chap related to Meguiars. He was NOT shilling for Zaino, just offering a truthful opinion. I bought it, liked it and use it, but I would say I still prefer Wolfgang 3.0 for a variety of reasons. Long story short, there is a lot of room in my detailing drawer for various products.

However, singling out one brand seems a bit juvenile to me.

I don't think AG blanks out very many competitors names, more so I think it's the people posting them do so knowing the rules and out of respect to AG. I know I have done it and also know of others who have as well. Ag has a right to protect their products and the forum they provide to us period. How would you like it if someone put their competitive sign on the side of your car? I try to refrain from boasting other products but don't have a problem listing one if I used it in my process and I really doubt that AG does either. Now if my entire post is about other peoples products why doesn't the guy posting it put it on the competitors forum? What possible good is it to anyone here to get information about products sold here or processes available to customer that use AG when none in the post are?

I for one always try to buy products that are not just sold here but owned here. For example, Given the choice between Optimum No Rinse and DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss I chose DP. Why? To better support AG and their people that do so much to help us. I'm not a professional, not even a good hobbyist but a total Noob, yet I get the same respect from the people at AutoGeek as someone who has been in the business for years. I also find I get equal respect from the forum members here who chime in and help where ever and when ever they can. Do you all think it is cheap for Ag to hire the best? AG is supporting me by having people like Mike Phillips, Meghan, Killr, Jason, Dwayne and so many others available to me to help me, know matter how stupid my problem is for FREE. Where are all those experts from the "other manufactures" so many want to tout? Yes I have products from other manufactures and can tell you, I also have a couple not so good of stories about ordering from them. Try asking a outsourced sales person about what to use for what, see what kind of answer you get! I have nothing but good to say about AG. It costs money to give us this kind of service.

Good Job AutoGeek, I for one appreciate your investment in selling me the best products at fair prices and offering me this place free of charge to help me learn. I for one have no problem supporting you in return and will continue to do so! Given a choice I will always buy from AutoGeek FIRST! + If I'm using their products I have no worries about posting what I'm using.

Thanks ~~ Yale