PDA

View Full Version : AutogeekOnline

Pages : 1 [2]

acc1079
09-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Great reply Buck! :dblthumb2:

Some very good points made. I was just gonna thank you for that post... but I cant find that button. :dunno:

Tesla
09-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I don't think AG blanks out very many competitors names,

I think that's kind of the point. I only see one name being blanked out.

How would you like it if someone put their competitive sign on the side of your car?

Well, my car is not an internet discussion forum. Seeing an amazing detail from "Pro-Detailer X" followed by LSP ######### just doesn't sit well with me, especially where I want to know what the pros are using.

I try to refrain from boasting other products

I just try to be honest. As I wrote before, I've boasted about WG 3.0 on other sites, not to shill but to be truthful.

For example, Given the choice between Optimum No Rinse and DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss I chose DP.

Admitedly, I don't do that. I try to buy the best product for my budget. If you tried both and ONR was much better than DP, would you still buy DP?

Like you, I'm also a detailing noob and appreciate the information I get at all forums. I frequent many and have found them all useful.

Buckskincolt
09-24-2009, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=Tesla;257982]I think that's kind of the point. I only see one name being blanked out. So How do you know only "one name" is being blocked out when it's "blocked out"?

Well, my car is not an internet discussion forum. Still paid for by you and driven on a public road so why can't anyone use it for anything they want? Seeing an amazing detail from "Pro-Detailer X" How do you know that is a in-fact "PRO-Detailer X" and Not A Front For Product #######? followed by LSP ######### So You know for a fact that the ######### is put their by AG? just doesn't sit well with me, especially where I want to know what the pros are using. Send them a PM and ask! I have and they replied.....Also ask if they blocked it or AG and he said he did because he didn't want to abuse the site.

I just try to be honest. As I wrote before, I've boasted about WG 3.0 on other sites, not to shill but to be truthful.

As you should be.

Admitedly, I don't do that. I try to buy the best product for my budget. If you tried both and ONR was much better than DP, would you still buy DP?

So have you tried the DP?
My truthful answer is no, but I also feel like I should at least try their product...If I just went with all the hype I would never know that something is better now would I? By the way I have tried both and like the DP better.

Like you, I'm also a detailing noob and appreciate the information I get at all forums. I frequent many and have found them all useful.

As I do As well but don't get the response from any like here. Also the last time I checked none of the others have a FREE top notch professional available for me to ask questions too!

Just a note the black is by user Tesla and the RED is my response

Buckskincolt
09-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Great reply Buck! :dblthumb2:

Some very good points made. I was just gonna thank you for that post... but I cant find that button. :dunno:

Thanks!

HighEndDetail
09-24-2009, 11:31 AM
But what I do not understand is why AG has suddenly started to asterisk-out one specific brand name and to do so without explanation. This practice treats us like children, not adults. Moreover, the strategy seems counter-productive. It only makes people curious about the taboo product.

Respectfully,
Al Kimel

Well my take on this... My thoughts only here....

The reason, some were asterisk was a few people would on post with using other companies products. Without using any AG products. And would try and push them. Since AGO is here for us to learn, and also to talk about AG products.

There is nothing wrong with using another company products, as long as AG procucts are used.
I have used zaino / chem guys / adams / and others, in my write-ups.

RaskyR1
09-24-2009, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Tesla;257982]I think that's kind of the point. I only see one name being blanked out. So How do you know only "one name" is being blocked out when it's "blocked out"?

Well, my car is not an internet discussion forum. Still paid for by you and driven on a public road so why can't anyone use it for anything they want? Seeing an amazing detail from "Pro-Detailer X" How do you know that is a in-fact "PRO-Detailer X" and Not A Front For Product #######? followed by LSP ######### So You know for a fact that the ######### is put their by AG? just doesn't sit well with me, especially where I want to know what the pros are using. Send them a PM and ask! I have and they replied.....Also ask if they blocked it or AG and he said he did because he didn't want to abuse the site.

It's not hard to figure out what is and what isn't blocked. While I'm not on the forum 24/7, I do spend a fair amount of time on here and I can't recall seeing any schilling of the product in question. 95% of the products used in my details are sold at AG, and most were bought here as well. I like reading the pro detail before and after threads and if products are blocked out it sort of defeats the purpose as you don't know what they used. I'd also have to agree with Al that blocking out the product name is counterproductive because it has obviously raised a red flag. While I think it's silly, I will respect AG decision to do so.

....looks like UPS just dropped off my latest order from AG

At the request of Auto Geek, this notice alerts you that the shipment listed below has been delivered.
Important Delivery Information

Delivery Date / Time: 24-September-2009 / 10:21 AM
Driver Release Location: FRONT DOOR
Shipment Detail

Ship To:
Rasky's Auto Detailing
Chad Raskovich

Meghan
09-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I have stated what needs to be said and have listen to what everyone has to say. At this time before members start to turn this into something else I am going to respectfully close this thread. Please abide by our rules that is all we ask.
And while we are at it, someone go get the spammers too, I really don't need a Nokia phone or Nikes! :bash: