PDA

View Full Version : time to stock up -now what?

anvrsyz
09-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Hello all, a few years back I was a frequent lurker but this is my first post. I know best is subjective but I have been away from the forum for awhile and need guidance. If I could get the same or better results than what I'm currently using and cut time that is a win win. thanks all :)

OK.. I have in the past used the following products with great satisfaction on red and blk. I am out of stock and need to place an order. I want to get the new "best" out there since I have been using the following for a few years.

1) clay bar

2) P21s paint work cleanser

3) Klasse aio

4) sometimes klasse sealant & if I have the time P21s Carnuba Wax

--love it when I'm finished but dread the process time/commitment!

-used these on swirls and scratches upon recommendation from a friend and seemed to work well. I used both but are they both necessary? What is the best swirl and minor scratch product for touch ups and whole car applications? Keep these or toss em?

~3M Finesse-It II Machine Polish

~3M Perfect-It II Foam Polishing Pad Glaze

I have interest in the Ultima products but honestly I am skeptical because it seems too easy for the same results that takes me 2 days of work. Lastly, what are the hands down best pads out there for the 7424? I last ordered pads 6 years ago. ugh.

thanks again

ScottB
09-23-2009, 06:07 PM
You have some great product choices and lots of great hints, no wrong answer.

I prefer Menzerna polishes over all others as so darn easy to use with the greatest of results. When using a 7424 (PC) you should consider 5.5 inch pads and smaller backing plate for best results. Lake Country pads rock, as do Edge so no wrong choice.

1. Clay -- Pinnacle, Wolfgang, XMT
2. Paint Cleanser -- Pinnacle, Dodo, P21S
3. AIO -- Klasse, XMT360, Optimum Poly-seal
4. Sealant -- Klasse SG (durability), Wolfgang or Four Star (looks)

If using Klasse SG use my hints to avoid appreciable time and buffing. Transfer a small amount to travel size spray bottle. Spritz, buff in, and buff off immediately. If you see a stubborn area then respray and immediately buff off. Allow 4-24 hours for curing as possible.

CEE DOG
09-23-2009, 07:41 PM
I will answer 1 of your comments since you have and will receive good advice on all the others. You shouldn't be skeptical of Ultima imo. I am using it and I love it. I don't have a lot of experience with other products but I have had the Ultima on for about 3 months now and there is no degradation. I am 97% sure it will last 6+ months before I have to polish and seal again. It was very easy for me to apply. Just remember to use VERY little sealant. I didn't have any probelms but I have read many people who didn't follow directions and put too much on.
Btw: you should listen to killrwheels. He gives good advice

Good Luck