PDA

View Full Version : Can PB Blackhole glaze be applied over a wax/sealant?

unclestu
09-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Feed back please
I noticed that my black Porsche has started to become infested with swirls. I purchased some PB Blackhole to serve as a temporary fix until I gain the experience to remove the swirls with my Flex. I have just sealed and waxed the car with wdgps and fuzion a few weeks ago. I tried the blackhole today on the hood by hand to a small section of the hood and it didn't seem to improve the situation the swirls are still there. Do I need to remove the wax and sealant first before I apply the Blackhole? Or am I not applying the product correctly?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

ASPHALT ROCKET
09-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Stu if you have some paint cleaner go over the vehicle with that, then your glaze:nomore:, then apply your lsp. The lsp is blocking the glaze to do it's thing.

unclestu
09-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Stu if you have some paint cleaner go over the vehicle with that, then your glaze:nomore:, then apply your lsp. The lsp is blocking the glaze to do it's thing.

Hi Dana
I sort of though that was the problem but somone said the blackhole would work even if applied over the sealant and wax so I gave it a try. I have Wolfgang paint polish enhancer is that the type of cleaner to use to remove the wdgps and fuzion that is on the car or should I use ipa?
Thanks for the advice

ASPHALT ROCKET
09-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi Dana
I sort of though that was the problem but somone said the blackhole would work even if applied over the sealant and wax so I gave it a try. I have Wolfgang paint polish enhancer is that the type of cleaner to use to remove the wdgps and fuzion that is on the car or should I use ipa?
Thanks for the advice

If you are just going to do it half-ass-lol, like above just to do an IPA wipe down, apply glaze, and then lsp. I expect you to do it correctly at a later date and post picks, or that detail fairy will never stop by your house again.:xyxthumbs:

ronkh57
09-19-2009, 06:57 PM
If you still have swirls after the first application, you can do it a second time for more filling.

SgtDeckard
03-09-2010, 11:52 AM

I would think that an LSP wouldnt be able to bond with the paint if applied over a glaze. Dont glazes contain a lot of oils and such? Wouldn't that crate issues with layering?

CakeDaddy
03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Feed back please
I noticed that my black Porsche has started to become infested with swirls. I purchased some PB Blackhole to serve as a temporary fix until I gain the experience to remove the swirls with my Flex. I have just sealed and waxed the car with wdgps and fuzion a few weeks ago. I tried the blackhole today on the hood by hand to a small section of the hood and it didn't seem to improve the situation the swirls are still there. Do I need to remove the wax and sealant first before I apply the Blackhole? Or am I not applying the product correctly?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Yes you can use glaze over the wax, but it will not last long. It may be more beneficial to do a wash, paint cleaner, glaze and then wax. You'll save more time instead of doing the job twice over.

cooksnj
03-09-2010, 07:38 PM
asphalt's response is funny. you have to get the sealant off. i believe the black hole works by "filling in the swirls and fine scratches" if you have anything over those, it's not gonna work.

Wax Gorilla
03-09-2010, 07:58 PM
Black Hole is a Great Poorboys's Product along with it's sister product White Diamond. They do have their limitations. IMO thay should we put on freshly washed & clayed paint that has been stripped of all other waxes and sealents for best results. You can put on multiple layers to help conceal uncorrected paint. To put it on over sealent will abreviate it's longevity!

TheGLL
03-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Yesterday I used PB white diamond glaze and after top it with WDGPS and I didn't see any hiding capabilities on my silver car. :(
I don't know if I did something wrong. I used my PC with a blue pad for the glaze and red pad for the sealant. I used a clay bar and an IPA before I have applied the glaze.

But WDGPS is one nice sealant for sure!