PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Power Clean All Purpose Cleaner Degreaser

agpatel
09-17-2009, 09:05 PM
What dilution is everyone using for Power Clean?

I know the bottle says 3:1 for everything pretty much other than high soiled areas. I will mainly use it to clean my dash, plastic on the inside and my wax/polish that is stuck at the edges of my vinyl graphics. Do you guys think 3:1 is too strong or I can get away with 5:1. I know i could mix and try but better save time if there are people that have some opinions. Thanks!

Emile
09-18-2009, 09:49 AM
You know, that is a great question and when I was using PowerClean, I never thought to dilute it further than 3:1.

I can tell you that PowerClean is really powerful stuff and even diluted at 3:1 it will strip off existing paint protection in a heartbeat. That's why I phased PowerClean out. P21S TAW is to be diluted 20:1 for interior cleaning, which is a whole lot cheaper. I do miss PowerClean's LSP-stripping abilities though. It was an absolute monster at cleaning up existing paint protection if I put 16-20oz in a foam cannon.

I think trying 4:1 or 5:1 is definitely worth a shot. I remember that PowerClean 3:1 on my interior left it absolutely squeaky clean. It's also nice that it can clean the whole interior, including leather and carpet!

agpatel
09-18-2009, 10:16 AM
I just that that 3:1 was pretty strong, I thought I read that people were using it at 5:1 or 10:1 to clean dashboard and center consoles but still having a good cleaning power.

Bunky
09-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Optimum recommends less dilutions for interiors. I like it because at full strength it does what no other APC I have used on removing dressings and browning on tires. I have seen posts from some claiming alkaline cleaners actually cause browning but others say it is natural (Mike P).

agpatel
09-18-2009, 05:04 PM
What does Opt say for interior, I thought the bottle said 3:1 or full and that was the only rec. dilutions.