PDA

View Full Version : Makita 9227c or a Flex lk603vvb

sh1nn3r
09-17-2009, 08:43 PM
This is my first thread so I hope i'm in the right section. So here is my question, I am in the market for purchasing a rotary so I was looking at the makita 9227c or the flex lk603vvb. I noticed that the flex was a bit cheaper compared to the makita but is the quality the same?
I see alot of people useing the Makita and I know it's a great polisher so how does the flex compare. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris27182
09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
This is my first thread so I hope i'm in the right section. So here is my question, I am in the market for purchasing a rotary so I was looking at the makita 9227c or the flex lk603vvb. I noticed that the flex was a bit cheaper compared to the makita but is the quality the same?
I see alot of people useing the Makita and I know it's a great polisher so how does the flex compare. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

They are both great machines. I've used both and ended up getting the Flex. The Flex has the same build quality as the Makita. The Makita has a speed range of 600rpm to 3000rpm. The Flex has a speed range of 1000rpm-3000rpm. Im sure there are people who will tell you that you need the low speed setting of 600rpm, I could careless myself I've never had a situation where Ive said to myself "if only i could drop to 600rpm" The Flex is a great value right now. The Makita is just more established then the Flex which is why you probably are not seeing as much talk about it.

sh1nn3r
09-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes, I was trying to search out the flex lk603vvb and there wasn't to much info on it. I agree it is a great value right now for it.