PDA

View Full Version : Topics you would like to see more info on...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Meghan
09-17-2009, 09:48 AM
We did a little thread a couple weeks ago where everyone told me that one thing they either have not mastered, or struggle with when it comes to detailing. OR maybe it's something you would love to try but just do not feel educated enough on that process to try it on your own yet. So I am going to put up the top topics that seem to be mentioned as those you are needing more info on. So please pick the ones you want to know more about, you can select more then one. Again as always thank you for your feedback, we can only help you all when we know what it is you are struggling with.

CTS-Veo
09-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Good thread, it will be cool to see how many people struggle with the same things as me...

As for the rotary polishing; I'm sure you can give tips online. But isn't that something that you would learn alot better by having someone teach you in person?

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
09-17-2009, 10:57 AM
I picked engine cleaning and cleaning wheels.......its always fun to see the tools people have made or the little techniques that they have thought of to get those hard to reach areas or dress those hard to reach places :dblthumb2:

kronos
09-17-2009, 10:59 AM
I voted for "paint correction", but that's really my second most choice. My first choice is not listed and that choice would be "product reviews". Comparing polishes, compounds, QD's, etc.

SRHTX
09-17-2009, 04:17 PM
I voted for "Time Management when detailing" for myself and everyone else to assist us in managing our times while detailing a vehicle.

Stephen

A4 1.8tqm
09-17-2009, 04:30 PM
Time Management when detailing... Any tips and tricks to save some time are always appreciated. Here's one tip, don't try to entertain guests while correcting paint. :buffing: Im the MAN

Gary Sword
09-17-2009, 06:42 PM
How about getting a job at AG. I need a job where I can detail my cars at work, try out all the new products, and spend hours on the forum.
Im the MAN:buffing::props:

SRHTX
09-17-2009, 06:52 PM
How about getting a job at AG. I need a job where I can detail my cars at work, try out all the new products, and spend hours on the forum.
Im the MAN:buffing::props:

:iagree: :dblthumb2: :whs: :cruisin: :autowash: :detailer: :haha: :hotrod2:

supercharged
09-17-2009, 08:28 PM
rotary, and time management.

ricks778
09-18-2009, 12:01 AM
Since I am seriously considering getting a PC I would like to see more on pad recommendations, and backing plate size to pad size recommendations :Picture:

Buckskincolt
09-18-2009, 12:56 AM
I would like to say that Mike has done an awesome job at brining new informative articles to the forum on issues I would have never thought of. Autogeek (Max) must be commended for bringing Mike to AGO! Thanks Max....I for one have a totally different outlook and idea of what car care should be since Mike has been here. I'm not taking anything away from the other Super Great people who work for AGO and Take good care of us all here, I have never found a more knowledgeable group of people in any business. Mike just seems to put things in a way that even a green horn noob (ME :D) can understand.

And yes that new found "outlook" has meant some newly lost Ca$h. But it really is great to approach a new project with total confidence that you are equipped with the right products, tools, and knowledge to do it right.

What ever comes from this new Thread that Meghan has started will be good for all even if it isn't the issue's you checked. We will all know it comes from good people who know their stuff and give us their best every day! I look forward to learning more. I could have checked every box up there.

The members here are also Great, they welcome you and don't make you think you are a idiot because you ask some of the most basic questions out there. I have learned a ton form the members here and I have never found a group of people so eager to share and help others, Awesome place this Autogeek.....THANKS!

Thanks to ALL at Autogeek for doing what you do so very well!:applause::wave:

~~ Yale

Meghan
09-18-2009, 08:13 AM
I did add the Porter Cable to the poll, if you feel you would like to see more about that please check it. Thanks

agpatel
09-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Dont know if this should go here but a idea that I thought about would be to put a DA in the hands of someone who has never used one, dont know if there is anyone at AG that has never used a DA haha, but just put it in there hands have let them go at it how they think it should be used. Then have someone like Mike show them what they did wrong and teach them the proper way. I think if you put it in the hands of someone they will make some common mistakes that many people make and you see the mistakes and how to correct them. I dont know if that makes any sense or would help anyone as someone like Mike knows all the common mistakes and can replicate them. But maybe seeing a total noob using and learning a DA could give more confidence to some of the new people as they may think oh he is a pro and just makes it look easy.

MoparAddict
09-18-2009, 10:50 PM
I voted for time management. I find myself to often cutting my quotes short. I dont mind to much, long as the customer is happy. Just sucks when its a set price and not a hourly job and takes me longer then i expected. I always try to give myself a half hour of leeway for things that need a little more attention then usual. Any tips/tricks to get things done faster without the quality suffering, im game.

BlackSunshine01
09-19-2009, 01:46 PM
time management here as well. i just finished my first detail with the pc and it ended up taking me 22 hrs on paint correction. any tips on how to cut that timing down would be awesome.