PDA

View Full Version : Tried A Leaf Blower Today

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

alexjn1
09-17-2009, 09:00 AM
After reading about how everyone likes using a leaf blower for drying vehicles it suddenly occurred to me that we had one in that my father had owned in our spare shed buried way in the back. It turns out it is an electric Toro 225 mph blower. :dblthumb2:

I used it after washing my truck and all I can say is WOW WOW WOW. I was absolutely giddy with excitement at how amazingly well that works. :righton:

I had to fight off the temptation to spray water on my truck a second time just so I could watch it blow of again with the leaf blower. :laughing:

That was one great tip. Thanks everyone. :thankyousign:

ICEMAN
09-17-2009, 09:02 AM
awesome!!!!

img
09-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Bought the small AirBlaster and love it

Jimmie
09-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Neat. Used one for a long time, and still smile at how wheels, grill, emblems, seams become a non-issue for drying.

SouthernStyles
09-17-2009, 09:46 AM
I cant go without my leaf blower it is a necessity!

dublifecrisis
09-17-2009, 09:49 AM
i use a dark green black and decker...I remember it being pretty cheap but it is frickin powerful!!! It has 2 speeds and on the high setting I almost wish I had earplugs. At first, your neighbors will think you're a nutjob then they'll lay awake at night thinking about it. Next week, there they are blowing off their car...LOL

MisterShark
09-17-2009, 10:15 AM
You guys are just blowing the water from behind badges and whatnot, right? You're not drying the car's entire exterior with it are you?

SouthernStyles
09-17-2009, 10:20 AM
I use it to blow water from all the window seals, mirrors, badges, grills, wheels, any where that my guzzler can not get!

Jimmie
09-17-2009, 10:29 AM
You guys are just blowing the water from behind badges and whatnot, right? You're not drying the car's entire exterior with it are you?

I make sure to leave some water on the surface and follow with a QD/Guzzler dry. It's a quick efficient process.

BarryK
09-17-2009, 11:17 AM

I dry the entire vehicle this way from front to back top to bottom. Works great.

CTS-Veo
09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
for those who only use the leaf blower to blow out seams and crevasses; do you do this before or after the towel dry? If after, I'd assume you go back with the towel go spot dry the runs from the cracks...

FASTFRED
09-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Leaf blower on a properly maintained car = quick drying :xyxthumbs:

MisterShark
09-17-2009, 03:03 PM
I make sure to leave some water on the surface and follow with a QD/Guzzler dry. It's a quick efficient process.

I dry the entire vehicle this way from front to back top to bottom. Works great.

Leaf blower on a properly maintained car = quick drying :xyxthumbs:

Thanks guys. I might give that a try.

ScottB
09-17-2009, 03:08 PM
one hint, blow tops before moving to bottoms. One wrong move and you blow the ground and you'll need to start over or worse rewash as all that dirty water is back on car. Also when wiping after blowing, use a detail spray for some lubrication and to avoid swirls.

Finemess
09-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I use it on the whole truck. Makes fast work of all those tight little places that hold water. It is a Godsend on my aftermarket wheels.