PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare #425 Review

Pages : [1] 2 3

JCruiza120
09-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Here's my review of the Finish Kare Extra Slick Final Body Shine, #425.

Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine, finish care quick detailer, ultra slick detail spray (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-425-detailer.html)

The sprayer is awesome, it will spray wide or close depending how hard you engage it. The product smells like sweet candy, it's delicious.

With a microfiber, FK425 and a dusty car, this will put you 10 minutes away from having a car that looks freshly washed. It works on most exterior surfaces, too! My glass and paint looked very clean when it was through. Easy to wipe off, as well. A little easier than Meg's UQD. Some pictures:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq66/jcruiza120/product%20reviews/CIMG1528.jpg

^^ The right side was cleaned with a few swipes of a MF and 425, the left was untouched.

Uncleaned:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq66/jcruiza120/product%20reviews/CIMG1532.jpg

Cleaned:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq66/jcruiza120/product%20reviews/CIMG1531.jpg

Next Morning: I looked out my window this morning and the finish looks even more wet! It's like a little detailing gnome waxed my car while I was sleeping! I'll definitely be ordering a bit of this in my next AG order!

agpatel
09-17-2009, 09:17 AM
It's like a little detailing gnome waxed my car while I was sleeping! I'll definitely be ordering a bit of this in my next AG order!

hahah.

What other QDs have you used, have you used OID to compare it to. I am on the fence about it as I have a gallon of OID concentrate and dont know if its about the same or better.

JCruiza120
09-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I've just used Meg's QD and UQD, I'll UQD once every week to prepare for a show and wax once a month.

dublifecrisis
09-17-2009, 09:43 AM
I've used OID quite a bit but never FK. It seems like FK has an edge at least based on popularity. OID can get a bit streaky in humid conditions in my experience but it's a good value and can be stretched further by mixing 4 or even 5 to 1 vs the recommended 3 parts water to 1 OID.

Thanks for the review. I added this to my cart earlier this week. I love good QD sprays.

CTS-Veo
09-17-2009, 09:53 AM
+1 on FK425 kicking ass!!! I have only used it a few times, since I got it 2 weeks ago(ish). But it's an amazing qd. It wipes off so easily/quickly without streaking. Pluss it leaves an awesome gloss

agpatel
09-17-2009, 09:55 AM
I've used OID quite a bit but never FK. It seems like FK has an edge at least based on popularity. OID can get a bit streaky in humid conditions in my experience but it's a good value and can be stretched further by mixing 4 or even 5 to 1 vs the recommended 3 parts water to 1 OID.

Thanks for the review. I added this to my cart earlier this week. I love good QD sprays.

Little off topic but may help with #425 as well but with OID I always use two MFs, one for the initial wipe, what I call the wet mf, and a second to buff, dry MF, this should help not get any streaking of "haze". This has worked for me in the humid months in NC.

JCruiza120
09-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Little off topic but may help with #425 as well but with OID I always use two MFs, one for the initial wipe, what I call the wet mf, and a second to buff, dry MF, this should help not get any streaking of "haze". This has worked for me in the humid months in NC.

+1 I forget where it says but I remembered reading this as some directions for UQD. UQD really needs the clean cloth swipe as it will likely haze up/streak otherwise, but using the same cloth there were very few streaks with #425.

akimel
09-17-2009, 03:08 PM

Good counsel. I often use two towels when I use Last Touch. Ditto when I use Optimum No Rinse.

ScottB
09-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Have used it and suggested it since it was first found years ago, much easier to give a glowing review now that its stocked at AG. I always have a gallon in garage, and even like it on painted wheels.

loco
09-17-2009, 09:20 PM
I agree, this is great stuff! It's one of the easiest QDs I've ever used. Absolutely no streaking at all - very forgiving. Nice look and gloss and it actually does have some anti-static properties. I detailed my Mom's car preparing it for winter a couple weeks ago using FK1000P as my LSP and FK425 on top of it. Her car hasn't been washed since and it still looks really good, whereas normally it would be covered with dust by now. There's some dust on it, of course, but nothing like normal. I was skeptical of the anti-static claims until seeing it for myself.

Rsurfer
09-17-2009, 09:54 PM
If your using a 16X16 mf towel, fold in half and again in thirds, use one side for wiping and the other for buffing. No need for two separate towels. Next QD, use the other clean half folded in thirds.:buffing:

alexjn1
09-17-2009, 10:24 PM
I recently got some 425 myself and love it. :xyxthumbs:

Emile
09-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Have used it and suggested it since it was first found years ago, much easier to give a glowing review now that its stocked at AG. I always have a gallon in garage, and even like it on painted wheels.

I always noticed your subtle hints regarding FK425. But since AG wasn't stocking it, I was only standing on the ledge about it. Now that they have it and it's only $30 a gallon, I am trying to balance myself from falling off and making an order. :xyxthumbs:

Once I run out of Optimum Instant Detailer (or patience), FK425 is my next QD to try.

Waxmax
09-20-2009, 10:17 AM
FK425 is one of my favorites also...use it to finish up on chrome wheels and glass, as well as paint. Offers UV protection which is a plus.

ScottB
09-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I always noticed your subtle hints regarding FK425. But since AG wasn't stocking it, I was only standing on the ledge about it. Now that they have it and it's only $30 a gallon, I am trying to balance myself from falling off and making an order. :xyxthumbs:

Once I run out of Optimum Instant Detailer (or patience), FK425 is my next QD to try.

its worth every penny ... :props: