PDA

View Full Version : Hello

weeble
09-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Hiya,

I've lurked here a while off and on an thought I'd say hello. Just picked up an 06 Volvo XC70 and I'm re-evaluating my usual MO and coming up with a strategy for this beautiful car.

Some time ago ago I got on the step-above-the-usual detailing track with my last car, a Saab 900 coupe, mid 90's. Nothing too fancy, but enough that it definitely was apparent, especially as it aged. Even at 14 years old that car drew compliments. Porter Cable, various carnubas, the Klasses, Leatherique - the usual suspects basically.

Anyway, like I said I'm in a phase of heightened interest in new products and ideas in detailing and I might have a question or two. Thanks for putting all this good info out here.

Harleyguy
09-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Welcome to AG weeble.The volvo is a great car it is the safest car on the road.What color is your new baby??

weeble
09-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks Harleyguy.

The Volvo is silver and black with off black leather and rich but more muted plastics throughout, and the glass from the passenger seats back is tinted very dark. It's dramatic and strong, I think, and a little bit badas* for a Volvo.

With the silver, all that black body cladding really stands out. I know I'm going to have to treat that cladding right in the Colorado sun and the frequent ski traffic road gunk that car is going to see, and that's going to be the thing that bugs me, getting that cladding dressed right. Not too shiny, not too dull....

The finish is in pretty good shape but I'll need to address some issues, as with all used cars. As I seem to buy a car about once a decade, I want to get off on the right foot.

Meghan
09-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the forum!

HHIslander
09-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Welcome to AG..

Mike Phillips
09-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Welcome to Autogeek Online!

:welcome: