PDA

View Full Version : Honda clearcoat defect correction?

TXCHOP
09-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey guys, sorry if it has been discussed already, a search didnt show too much.

I am detailing my 2005 honda element's paint. I bought the Poorboys PC kit from AG and am loving it so far!

The car was sitting at a dealership under a tree for a long time. The paint is shiny,however it shows many water stains and "pitts" in the paint.

I went with the ssr2.5 and yellow pad
followed it with the ssr1 with white pad
topped it with Nattys paste wax.

The car now has a very brilliant shine and feel to it and all the swirls and scratches are long gone. The only problem is some of the deeper pits and water marks are still there. I dont want to cutt too deep into the clear but should i leave it? I can definitely live with it as its kinda a daily driver. I would like to get them out, but not sure how to go about it. Should i try 4 or 5.5 inch pads doing the same process? More agressive product?

Thanks for all the help. This is my first PC detail and i think i found my new hobby.

dschribs
09-16-2009, 11:27 AM
If you can live with it, then why not do that. To help the look, prior to the Natty's, try using a glaze. That will help "mask" some of the imprefections in the paint and make them less noticeable.

And if you can feel the pits with your fingernail, no amount of polishing will remove them.

TXCHOP
09-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the input. Yes i could live with it if needed, but like always striving for perfection. You can't feel the marks at all though and they are just on the hood and roof by the way.

Glaze sounds like a good idea if nothing else works thanks.

TXCHOP
09-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Was thinking and reading last night. Going to try the 4 inch pads to see if i cant get a bit more correction...Will get some pics when done.
Going with these for my PC.

CCS Spot Buffs 4 Inch Foam Pad Kit Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/spot-buff-kit.html)

ryandamartini
09-17-2009, 08:42 AM
If you have some deep waterspots, you could try the new Finish Kare Decontamination System:

Finish Kare Paint Decontamination System, auto paint cleaning system, de-contamination solution (http://autogeek.net/finish-kare-paint-cleaning-system.html)

Also, if that fails, see if you cant find a member around your area that has a rotary. If not, you could hold up a poster of Chuck Norris and watch the paint submit to his will :D