PDA

View Full Version : DP (Detailers Pride) Products; any thoughts

Pages : [1] 2

DARK HORSE
09-16-2009, 10:31 AM
I am very new to the world of detailing and was wondering what everyone thinks about the DP brand? Is it a quality brand to use? Specifically the DP waterless auto wash; is it good to use on my new black pony (will it scratch the paint?). Also is the DP max wax good to use on the black paint of my new “09” Pony? I plan on using it after using Pinnacle cleansing lotion. Is this a good thing to do? (I clayed it about a month and half ago when I first got the car).

Feed back please

CEE DOG
09-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Welcome!

1.-Yes, DP is a quality Brand. I use the DP wheel glaze and love it! I have the DP krystal vision glass cleaner but haven't used it yet... (Still using up my "Stoners invisible glass" (great product, great value)
2.-For the washless auto wash you should also look into ONR (Optimum No Rinse). I use ONR as a clay lubricant but I have never done a washless auto wash.
3.-A lot of other people can give you more feedback on those specific products.
Here are some good links from previous discussions on these products
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/2675-best-rinseless-wash.html (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/2675-best-rinseless-wash.html)
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/dp/3319-dp-4in1-rinseless-wash.html (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/dp/3319-dp-4in1-rinseless-wash.html)
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/10906-rinseless-wash-help.html (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/10906-rinseless-wash-help.html)
Try the search bar for additional conversation on this topic
Good luck!:xyxthumbs:

Jimmie
09-16-2009, 12:26 PM
One persons opinion, but the whole DP line of products are a hidden gem, and I've used most.
Maxwax is great on any color, light or dark. I wouldn't hestitate to use it on your black. Your getting a fine boutique wax for a little less $$$.

Emile
09-16-2009, 12:28 PM
I have gone through many bottles of DP Waterless Wash, and I currently have two bottles of DP Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner which I received free on two orders during a promotional offer.

I am not a fan of waterless washes as they are naturally the most likely to instill scratches and swirls in the paint. But I have tried several other brands (Poorboy's, EcoTouch, Armorall, and some others) and the DP Waterless Wash is easily the best one I've used.

The DP Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner, I actually find better and easier to use than Stoner Invisible Glass which is like the benchmark glass cleaner. Once I run out of my Invisible Glass bottles, I intend to switch over to the DP Krystal Vision full-time.

I have used DP Glass Restorer in the past and found it to be an excellent glass polish. What I'm trying to say is that whatever product from DP I have tried, I have not been disappointed.

Meghan
09-16-2009, 12:28 PM
I personally think DP is the most underrated product line we carry. You don't hear a lot about it, but its one of my all time favorite lines. Great products that perform like they say and cost is very good for the amount you receive. Everyone knows by now my number one product I always use is a DP product. Try it out, you will not be disappointed.

LincolnZephyr2006
09-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I have DP wheel sealant which is great! I also have my FAVORITE tire shine of all time.... DP!!! I hope they NEVER ever stop making this tire shine... a little goes a long way and makes my tires sooo nice and shiny (I am a fan of shiny tires... but too obsessive). Besides that... I would not hesitate trying anything else... I love virtually all the products auto geek has to offer.

CEE DOG
09-16-2009, 12:32 PM
I have gone through many bottles of DP Waterless Wash, and I currently have two bottles of DP Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner which I received free on two orders during a promotional offer.

I am not a fan of waterless washes as they are naturally the most likely to instill scratches and swirls in the paint. But I have tried several other brands (Poorboy's, EcoTouch, Armorall, and some others) and the DP Waterless Wash is easily the best one I've used.

The DP Krystal Vision Glass Cleaner, I actually find better and easier to use than Stoner Invisible Glass which is like the benchmark glass cleaner. Once I run out of my Invisible Glass bottles, I intend to switch over to the DP Krystal Vision full-time.

I have used DP Glass Restorer in the past and found it to be an excellent glass polish. What I'm trying to say is that whatever product from DP I have tried, I have not been disappointed.
I agree, the waterless wash scares the crap out of me but I understand some people don't have many options with this. I love how the stoners removes dirt and doesn't streak but hate the fact its aerosol

DARK HORSE
09-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I appreciate all of the feedback so far (a true cornucopia of knowledge)!!! Currently I am washing my car approximately every two weeks using the two bucket wash method with grit guards and drying with cobra waffle weave guzzlers. I drive the car about 3-4 days a week. I try to keep it clean between washings using a California duster and the DP waterless auto wash to remove fresh bugs and do spot cleaning. Is it good to use the California duster for light dusting and DP waterless auto wash for bugs and spot cleaning if I don’t let the car get very dirty between washes? I am terrified of micro scratches and swirls…

ScottB
09-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Rinseless Wash, Dp MaxWax, Wheel Cleaner, Wheel Glaze, Glass Restorer are just a few must-haves in the line.

tWiStEd-tORqUe
09-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Don't forget Max-wax is on BOGO ,

Rsurfer
09-16-2009, 06:47 PM
I personally think DP is the most underrated product line we carry. You don't hear a lot about it, but its one of my all time favorite lines. Great products that perform like they say and cost is very good for the amount you receive. Everyone knows by now my number one product I always use is a DP product. Try it out, you will not be disappointed.Meghan, I have tried every OTC detailer and FK425, DoDo Red Mist, Z6, Migligore QD, Surf City Hot Rod Detailer, Pinnacle Crystal Mist, Poor Boy's Spray and Gloss, Duragloss Fast & Clean, Wofgang Instant Detail, Optimum Instant Detailer, Chemical Guy's Spray and Wipe, Menzerna Top Inspection and few more I can't remember. On your reccomendation I tried DP Final Gloss and I must say it's a winner. Close first with my favorite Z6.:xyxthumbs:

DARK HORSE
09-16-2009, 07:36 PM
What is BOGO, and how do I get to it?? I am very new to this!!! Please help!!

Jimmie
09-16-2009, 07:43 PM
What is BOGO, and how do I get to it?? I am very new to this!!! Please help!!

Go to "Store" at top of the page and look for "buy one get one" in the left side menu. Here's the link.

Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/buy-one-get-one-free.html)

A couple of great buys on there.

DARK HORSE
09-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks so very much!! I kept reading threads with BOGO in them but did not know what it ment. I got lucky a couple of days ago and stumbled across the max wax buy one get one free and ordered it to try. Can't wait till it gets here!! ( I guess I stumbled across a BOGO and didn't even know it).

"Sometimes it's better to be lucky then good" (FDR)

wytstang
09-16-2009, 08:29 PM
I've only tried Maxwax of the DP line and it looks fantastic on my wifes blue fusion. If your paint has flakes Mawax will bring them out. For bug cleaning I still like to use Poorboys World Spray and Wipe.
When I do a rinse less wash I use Optimums, it had the best reviews out of all the rinse less washes. During the summer/winter it is a God send.