PDA

View Full Version : Glaze recommendations

vader2
09-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for a glaze that would work with Zaino Products. My car is a maroon metallic show / weekend vehicle only. I need something with the ability to hide / fill some blemishes until I can get a repaint.

I was thinking about Poorboys Black Hole. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the help!

HHIslander
09-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Black Hole is great. Read this:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/19914-poorboys-black-hole-glaze-review.html
You can buy black hole for dark or light cars.

I also like 3M Perfect-it 3000, or Wolfgang Finishing Glaze. All of which can be found out Autogeek.net

tWiStEd-tORqUe
09-15-2009, 05:21 PM
WGFG is teh way to go ..

ScottB
09-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Wolfgangs glaze is actually a final polish and abrasive. If you want a pure glaze then I would consider the Poorboys Glazes since they are sealant compatible.

nitro78
09-15-2009, 08:55 PM
danase wet glaze would be my choice.

wytstang
09-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Wet Glaze doesn't fill. I don't know how sensitive ziano is with oil based glazes. Being a show/weekend car I'm assuming it's garaged. So durability isn't of real concern (I assume) so why not temp. remove ziano and use a heavy glaze (like 1 Grand or the like) and wax of choice until being repainted to hide light swirls.

ryandamartini
09-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Zaino lasts for a long time.. Dont use a glaze under a sealant, it will decrease its longevity. I would suggest instead topping the Zaino with a good reflective carnauba to get the same effect, maybe even better and add protection to the car.

DP MaxWax would really set off the sharp reflectiveness of Zaino as well as Signature Series II.

tenorplayer23
09-16-2009, 01:26 AM
Killr..............I guess I'm not the only confused by the "glaze" jargon & claims. :)

See ya. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/seeya.gif

Wolfgangs glaze is actually a final polish and abrasive. If you want a pure glaze then I would consider the Poorboys Glazes since they are sealant compatible.