PDA

View Full Version : Waffle Weaves

Pages : [1] 2 3

Excessive Detail
09-22-2006, 05:27 PM
What do guyz think about megs. water magnet waffle weave towel vs. the guzzler, I love the my guzzlers but I need some new drying towels for the business and don't have the money to spend on a 5 or more guzzlers. DO you think the megs is as safe as the guzzler.

joe.p
09-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I didn't find them to be soft enough(megs WW) i dont like mine and doubt i would purchase another one ,02.

BILL
09-22-2006, 05:57 PM
I didn't find them to be soft enough(megs WW) i dont like mine and doubt i would purchase another one ,02.

I AGREE,,,,,Not soft at all and not a winner in my mind.......:o

supercharged
09-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Cobra Guzzler has 70/30 split microfiber, where Water Magnet has 80/20 split. Magnet does not absorb as much water, and is kinda small. I got it at Pep Boys for $6, and I will tell you it's worth a try. Be sure you get one, see how you like it.

Reddwarf
09-22-2006, 06:19 PM
I have a Meg's water magnet and it works well. However, I now use an Air Wand to dry the car first. I'd like to try the Cobra Guzzler, but $$!

Excessive Detail
09-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Cobra Guzzler has 70/30 split microfiber, where Water Magnet has 80/20 split. Magnet does not absorb as much water, and is kinda small. I got it at Pep Boys for $6, and I will tell you it's worth a try. Be sure you get one, see how you like it. I've used them before, but its been a while, I will say the guzzler is pretty damn soft, but like I siad before its a money thing right now. I might just buy one for this weekened and see how I like it.

ScottB
09-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Guzzlers rock .... theres a reason all the Megs stuff is on sale at BigLots for 2.99.

Excessive Detail
09-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Guzzlers rock .... theres a reason all the Megs stuff is on sale at BigLots for 2.99.

How stuff does big lots have that megs sells, they got a store close to my apartment.

joe.p
09-22-2006, 07:11 PM
My Cobra WW Rocks . I own 2 other brands megs being one and they just dont compare. Get a hold of the Vroom drying towel at Target i think there $7.99 a good size towel and affordable .the one i have is gold/yellow and they also have one in blue. 2 towels @ $16.00 is a good value who knows one towel may be enough..

P1et
09-22-2006, 07:15 PM
I just recently bought some Megs stuff at Big Lots. They have their brushes for sale, I bought the tire brush and the interior brush for $3 each and found some Megs Gold Class Tire Gel for $3 as well. BARGAINS!

ScottB
09-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Mine had several brushes , it had a bone shaped sponge in white, several towels, and chenille mitt.

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiar-s-detailing-tools-.html

supercharged
09-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Guzzlers defenetely rock, and that's the only towel I use to dry my car with. But for bulk detailing, and other cars - Meguiar's Water Magnet.

dengood1
09-22-2006, 10:02 PM

They could have be purchased from another business closing it's doors, doesn't necessarily mean it's not a quality item. I see your point with some of the stuff they sell (JUNK!), but I have found some great deals there.

wytstang
09-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Guzzler is nice but I have read great things about Fiber-works WW towel which I plan on trying in the near future ;).....

joe.p
09-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Guzzler is nice but I have read great things about Fiber-works WW towel which I plan on trying in the near future ;).....
I ordered three golds MF's from Fiber-Works through there website on 9/13 they processed the order on 9/16 may have received the MF's4-6 days later i dont have the info on the arrival date in front of me.

The towels I received are blue not gold so i sent them out an email the day the towels arrive,guess what no response so i called and left the information on there voice mail with there USA REP no return call ,so the following day or two i sent out another email again no response then again i called there USA REP left another voice mail no response.BTW all the emails and messages where kept proffessional. So big deal i have 3 blue towels and not Gold,well i wanted the Gold ones because i've been lurking over there site for several months and figured what the heck i'll order a few gold ones because i already have 50+ BLUE TOWELS AND DON"T NEED ANOTHER BLUE ONE.. GOOD LUCK !!!